Help with XLR ICs.

Ok gang. So here’s my situation. I’m looking to upgrade my XLR ICs. I’ve been using Straightwire Crescendo XLR ICs for many years now. I originally bought them for my first system I put together about 10 years ago. Since then I have totally upgraded my whole system including PCs which are 4 Audioquest Dragons (2) HC and (2) source. I really did want to go with Audioquest Dragons for my XLR ICs. But the prices for them brand new is to high for me. 2 m xlr are 18k and 1 m are 12k. I was looking for used for a few months now but never ever seen any that were ever for sale used. I also am using Straightwire Crescendo speaker cables which are quad wired. That’s 2 pairs for ea speaker going into ea mono amp. So u can imagine what the AQ Dragon quad wired speaker cables would cost.100k ++ That being said I will be keeping for now my Straightwire Crescendo speaker cables. So back to my original question post. What high end XLR ics would be a lot better than my Straightwire Crescendo XLRs. Budget is about 4k a pair. And will need 2 pairs. 2 m and 1 m. . I really did like the Straightwire Crescendos ICs and speaker cables for their powerful bass as they are also known for. So that being said I would like high end ICs that are known also for extremely good bass. My system consists of ARC Ref 750s mono blocks. ARC Ref 6Se pre. ARC ref 9 CDP. And a McIntosh MQ 112 EQ.  

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

@atmasphere You might try a pair of Mogami Neglex XLR cables just for fun. They are not expensive and they are very good.

Thanks, I will take a look!

I’d definitely recommend Mogami Platinum Studio XLR cables. Platinum Studio is made with a Mogami w3402 bulk cable, a customized version based on the W3173. It is assembled in Torrance, CA. The XLR plugs are from G & H. Been using one between my CDP and DAC for a few weeks and love the sound. Going to order two more pieces for one of my pre/amp combos.

I don’t work for them (or anyone else for that matter).

@audphile1 or anyone, would like to know if you hear a rather noticeable or significant difference when you changed from the Acoustic Zen to the Nordost Tyr XLR, or any XLR to another XLR cable?

Currently I have two pairs of XLR in the price range of $2k and although there’s a difference it’s not night and day. I wonder if a $4k XLR will provide a bigger change in sound? In my experience power cables bring a more significant difference than XLR interconnects.

@ryder I’m also interested in the Tyr2. I compared a Shunyata Alpha v2 XLR ($3500) against my Synergistic Accelerators between my Esoteric K-05XD and Diablo 300 and preferred the $1200 Accelerators. Very system dependant.