Help with Icepower 1200as2 amp please!

Hello everyone! I am having an issue with my Icepower 1200as2 module. I have ran this amp for a few years and all of a sudden it starts going into a standby mode, then comes back on for a little while, then back to standby even when a signal is passing through. When I first built this DIY project using the 1200as2 module, I hooked up 2 LEDS on the front of the chassis. When first powering up the amp, the amber LED would light up until a signal was picked up through the RCA interconnects circuitry?  So if I wasn't playing anything through the amp, the amber LED would light up and stay on until a signal was detected. I really don't want to trash the module, so if I can get some help to perhaps fix this issue, I'd be very grateful and appreciative! Thanks for any help!

Best,

Jacques

jacquesw

Showing 3 responses by gregdude

If you can hear clicks, it's likely a relay. Unless it has other moving parts, clicking electronics are usually relays. Maybe that'll help. 

Just make sure you probe everything thoroughly before you start taking things apart 🙂 don't want to create a secondary problem to sort. 

Erik is right, one of those components is labeled 305 volts ac! Donget zapped, it's not as fun as Scott Baio made it look 🙂