Help with high end bookshelf speakers

I need help please. Past few years I'm gone through a myriad of speakers and now my wife is relegating me to a third bedroom for a dedicated listing space. I'm trying to figure out what kind of bookshelf speakers I can use with a Hegel 390, Auralic, Denafrips DAC in an 11x12 room. Trying to decide if I need to change my whole system or find something that works with what I have.

Thanks everyone

renosteve

Wow, this is kind of overwhelming, it all sounds great. 

@oldrooney seems to have similar room issues, think I'll try integrating a good sub in before I bail on the living room. I have a meager 5K budget so I need to appropriate the where the dollars go.

In the event I can get this room to play decently would digital room correction such as a mini-DSP have any value? Probably overthinking things again, just wondering.

Great input from all, thanks again.

I have a 390 so I know how capable it is. As such, it should be paired with an equally capable pair of speakers.  All can be found preowned at well below retail. 

805d4

perlisten r5m or s5m. 

borrsen x1

Dynaudio contour 20i or heritage specials 

Renosteve

42 posts in, and we finally have your budget.....of course you've gotten recommendations all over the place because no one knew your price constraints.

No need to replace any of your electronics, they are all very good. Some options to consider for a relatively small space such as your new room: Buchardt Audio S400 MKIIs $2,500, Fritz Carbon 7s $2,800, Borreson X1 $5,500, Philharmonic BMR $2,200, used Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene $6,500, used Vivid Kaya S12s $4,800

$1800 (TMR)

Fosi V3 w/ 32 volts SMPS - $72 (Amazon)

Wiim ultra - $330 Crutchfield

Micca 14 AWG speaker cable $26 (Amazon)

Mogami 2964 RCA cable - $27

Total = $2255 + contribution to Uncle Sam

This inconspicuous system will fit the bill for a small room like yours.