Help! Trying to pick an amp/preamp for an Acoustat 1+1s

I am picking up a pair of Acoustat 1+1s and need your advise on powering them.

I would like your opinions on these:

Pass Lab 150 IN

Rogers High Fidelity EHC-100 K88

Synthesis Roma 510 AC Int

I am also interested in a VTL 225 but would need another preamplifier.

Thank you in advance,

fortepiano50

Sorry, forgot to mention, he also had a pair of subwoofers along side of his acoustats. I must say I was very impressed with the sound I heard, considering the age of the speakers. He also had mentioned that he thought they were 82 or 86db efficient .

Thank you all for the suggestions.  I have also started looking in the older forums and this situation has come up a number of times.

All the best to you and your families!

Back when you could buy them new I auditioned a pair of Acoustat 2 + 2, they required massive current. I got bigger amp: they drained the massive 75 pound Yamaha… 150wpc (?) I tried. Drained it dry at relative low volume. I had to return them. I bought the biggest newest Threshold s500 to power them… but it was so expensive I couldn’t afford to buy the Acoustat.

Perhaps, someone has more recent experience… but I would look at a Pass 350.

@ghdprentice

That is really interesting. As I mentioned above, the local Acoustat dealer (Early 1990s era) drove his speakers with the VAC REN 70/70. And believe me, that pairing absolutely sang beautifully. In addition he had a decent size listening space. Admittedly Kevin Hayes built those particular amplifiers with major quality output transformers and power supplies. That VAC model weigh nearly 100 pounds.

Charles

Charles