Hegel H360 comparing to seperates?

I am considering scaling back from separates but I don't really want to compromise much in terms of sonics. I'm not concerned about owning audio jewelry. It appears that with Hegel one is paying more for engineering than flash. Anyone compared this new integrated to more expensive separates?

Showing 3 responses by steve59

Buying a H360 today and will also play around with usb cables to see whats up with streaming thru usb otherwise I never heard my speakers sound so fast and clean! very musical and involving without murdering lesser/older recordings although the last statement may have more to do with system synergy. If you don't need 250 wpc the H190 is tits!
I have to say the H190 may sound a bit better than the h360 I bought friday. My speakers are current hungry and I baked a 200 wpc Krell int several times under warranty because it got so hot, that was my reasoning for stepping up to the h360 even tho' I was floored by the synergy in my room with the 190. My recommendation is the h190 at $4000 if 150 wpc 8 ohms and 250 into 4. I'm quite happy with my decision since I can push the salons to high spl's without the case getting more than slightly warm and the unit is sounding better the longer I listen to it. The h360 replaced a parasound a21  driven by a kav 300il pre out and the hegel just makes the music seem live.
I never had them side by side so we're dealing with my reaction to the gear over time, four days.Soundstage was huge with both, noise floor also excellent, but dynamic? can that go to the lower powered amp? As great as the H360 does with the midrange I think the h190 might have eeked out a little more presence and with just enough detail to give singers sharing the same mike just a little more distinction. I suck at describing this but I would love to hear others findings after hearing both. It could all be in my head since the h190 is a couple years newer it's sure to have a newer dac and maybe this sound engine2 is an upgrade to the one in my unit? Anyhow i'll be fine til they come out with the H390!