Has the cost of HiFi gotten a bit too much?

I don't have any specific example but just from looking at it overall, it seems like high-end components prices have really risen more than inflation.  

Or may be it is must me?

andy2

on the bright side you can buy a integrated today for a grand that will trump a 5 grand amp built 20 years ago

@ghasley , whatever news outlet you are watching you need to dump. What you think you believe is 100% wrong. With lower gas prices utilization increased. The reason Biden stopped the pipeline, fracking and exploration was to increase prices to curtail usage and CO2 production. It worked but it is torturing the economy. Wouldn't it be nicer just to make electricity cheap? Then people will switch to electric home heating and electric cars all by themselves and happily so. I suggest everyone read up on Molten Sodium Reactors. 

Well  do what I intend to do.   Move to Lisbon Portugal.  
I’ll save 6 grand a year on health insurance and that includes private insurance over there.  No need for a automobile, and house rentals just outside the city are half the price here.
 A cappuccino is 2 euros instead of 6 bucks a Starbucks here, and all food half price in restaurants AND   and just about ZERO crime (except for the stupid USA tourists with wide open pockets on their cargo,shorts).

AND……Just about perfect weather as it is here in San Francisco .

Just plug that SS check into one of their banks and getbavD7 visa.

Then buy some higher end equipment.

The reason Biden stopped the pipeline, fracking and exploration was to increase prices to curtail usage and CO2 production.

That certainly qualifies as a world wide conspiracy theory.  So, what tweaks have you installed lately?  Were they effective?

BTW, didn't the previous President remove the federal barriers to the pipeline on his first day in office?  And over four long years the pipeline wasn't built.  Do you have another conspiracy theory to explain that?

And to add some historical facts.  In 2017 the U.S. was the largest producer of crude oil in the world.  In 2021 the U.S. was still the largest producer.  Somehow producing all that oil is "torturing" the economy.