Has anyone tried the new Synergistic Research UEF Performance Enhancer - Ethernet Filter?

I was wondering if anyone has tried the new (and expensive) Synergistic Research UEF Performance Enhancer - Ethernet Filter.  I find that some SR products such as their cable line are nicely effective while others..........well, maybe no so much.  According to SR these things run $300 each and plug into unused ethernet ports to "filter" ethernet signals.  Please weigh in here so I can ascertain whether they are worth a try.  Thank you.

rlawry

@audioman58

Your enthusiasm is uplifting. The T+A200 has many very positive reviews.

@ozzy 

Thanks for sharing.  Looking forward to your conclusions.  

My brother has the T+A200 dac and innuos streamer 

I had the Denafrips terminator 2 , I hav3 had the T+A ,Innuos in my setup 

it’s on another level ,we have done head to head with the chord Dave 

Mola Mola, and $ 18k DCS  the T+A 200 just is more dynamic and natural sounding , and it has many adjustments and HQ player built into the design with 4 dither settings , giving you tons of extra versatility , I am just starting to under stand .HQ player takes up some compression processing power , if you have enough extra HD, Preferred SS and 16 megs of memory preferred you can literally 

tune your dac to your personal taste,Thst being said just on its own it’s there is No peer at its $7k price point, at 2x then it may be more personal taste .The chord Dave a bit more leading edge detail for example but less engaging ,with the Dave upsampler then that's another story and a lot of $$ !!

Amazing how people think they are experts and claim things cant possibly have any effect. Talk of ethernet protocalls, snake oil, and rants about people imagining things are clear signs of typical lack of college level electrical engineering from “experts” who know just enough to be dangerous.
Ethernet is a tightly specified interface with a strict characteristic impedance. This is fundamental in transmission line theory.
The UEF units are what is called a “stub” in high speed electrical transmission line designs and iIremember learning about them 45 years ago when I was active in amateur radio . They are really nothing novel even for ethernet except for whatever electrostatic effects their UEF compound may have.

There were Japanese sites discussing stubs cut from a sacrificed ethernet cable and numerous threads are around discussing the implementation and tuning as well.

I have tuned stubs in all my unused ports except 1 and recently purchased one of the Synergistic units to see what it brought to the table. Like others results it gave the impression of greater bass and a micro textural enhancement. Not sure i like the bass actually. To me it seems plump or wooly. I did not remove all of my stubs from my ports and test just the UEF device though and maybe thats next.