Has anyone compare Jolida JD-100 to the new JD-200

I currently owned the JD-100 which was upgraded by Mitch Singerman and I also upgraded the tube to the holy grail, Sylvania Black triple Mica 5751. I was wondering if it is a sensible upgrade to the JD200. I look forward for any comments or experience if anyone had tried the JD200. I like my JD100 currently but it just lacks the PRAT but midrange is awesome and highs are super sweet.
deluxman

Showing 1 response by pdspecl

I have a Jolida JD-100 Parts Connexion level 1 mod, with additional mods - teflon caps.... I'm running 12AX7 Mullards. I've compared this cd player to several others including a Marantz 8003 but not a JD-200. Strange in that I've never found it to be lacking in bass compared to other players I've compared it to. I did notice the sound stage is slightly set to the back versus the Marantz being more up front. Highs and mids are musical and silky smooth yet detailed. The Marantz is a great player for it's price point and I thought my Jolida compared closely to it (not compared to SACD playback though). I recall the Jolida being a tad more musical but giving up a smidge on detail. Very close and I could live with either player. I've had my Jolida for about 5 years now and it's always worked without issue. I've just acquired a Doge 8 Clarity preamp, and Marantz NA-7004 server so I'm tapped out for a while. Hope to get a better cd player or DAC next year.