Has a Power Conditioner Improved Your Sound?

My system sounds great. When it is on and not playing music it is dead silent. I tried a PowerPlant Regenerator and it didn’t improve my sound. Actually it slightly constricted my soundstage. Like most audiophiles I’m always searching for that next improvement and wonder if a power conditioner might add something to my SQ So before I start auditioning any power conditioners on a 30 day trial I’d like to know if anyone has experienced a significant improvement to their system, what that improvement was and which power conditioners they used. Right now I’m considering the Isoteck brand. Possibly the Aquarius or Electra. I’d most likely keep the amp plugged into the wall and connect my Streamer and DAC to the conditioner.

jfrmusic

my PC serves more like guard dog and does EXCELLENT job... the good old Panamax MAX1500 having it since past century.

Any thoughts about how to test if there is much noise or interference to begin with? If you don't have a problem, a solution won't do much more than drain your wallet.

Yes power conditioners have always improved the sound of my system. This is true for the vast majority of people but not all. There is a very small minority that seem to live in exceptional locations with good power.

I have used a power conditioner for over 30 years in different locations. Isotech is an excellent choice as is Shunyata. You want to plug your amp directly into an outlet (preferably a direct line) and the rest of your equipment into a power conditioner in a different (preferably a direct line).

Just a comment on noise. Noise in audio is seldom heard directly… it is not a crackle or something you can focus on. It is the noise floor that unless you have a lot of experience is pretty invisible until it is lowered. The background becomes darker and you can hear deeper into the music. A power conditioner will also remove a layer of subtle distortion and also make the music more dynamic.