Gryphon Diablo 300 with YG Hailey 2.2s?

Hey all,

I'm looking to upgrade my current set up while also getting rid of some of my boxes as my set up is in our great room (wife and designer are both pushing hard). With that, I've been thinking of adding a Gryphon Diablo 300 with DAC and Phono modules included. My current set up is as follows...

YG Acoustics Hailey 2.2 speakers

REL No 25 sub

Mac c2700 pre

Mac MC462 amp

Aurender ACS100 streamer

VPI Prime Signature turntable

Shunyata Denali power conditioner

Any one else using that combo? Any thoughts on the synergy between the Diablo and YGs? 

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated...happy holidays!

beach2mtn

Supra hifi demonstrated carmel 2s with diablo sporting the onboard dac at lone star audio fest. I am a real fan of YG, and that demo did not disappoint. Can’t speak of bass from that demo, but mids and highs were what I expect from a YG stereo. (I have heard them other times as well). Fairly shallow experience, but that’s all I got.

link

(The Positive feedback comment on that room is funny and kind of bad. The "bass depth and slam" came from room modes).

Thanks @ohlala ...the more I dig in, the more one box solutions I'm finding. Based on everything I've read of Gryphon, I need to find a dealer to demo a Diablo 300!

I acquired a dealer demo Diablo 300 with the DAC and phono this year.  It replaced a VAC Renaissance 5 pre, Ayre VX5/20 amp, and Ayre QX5/20 DAC.  It is an excellent amp and I love every minute I listen.  I run the excellent DAC module via USB from a Wolf Alpha3 Server, but I have only sampled the phono board as I continue to use my DSA Phono II preamp for my dual arm turntable.   

Hello,  I have Hailey 2.2's and Rel Carbon Limiteds.  The Hailey's mate extremely well with Audionet electronics.  I have their MAX amps.  Easily bested the new JC+1's.  (which are highly reviewed and weigh a ton!!!) My friend just got a pair of Carmels. He first tried them with an NAD amp.  He thought the speakers were not very good, no bass at all.  Then he received his Audionet Watt integrated and wow!  Amazing everything from the Audionet.  The Watt, an integrated at much less than my Max amps and PreG2 still retained the speed, sparkle and fullness of Audionet.  I think best to not put your DAC in the integrated anyway.  Thanks!  Ken