Great network streamers with only USB outputs

I'm looking to upgrade my streaming from a Logitech Transporter to something a bit more hi-end.

Problem is most of my choices have USB outputs only. My DAC Bel Canto 3.7 (recently upgraded by Ace Tomato) Doesn't support USB. All of a sudden it seems like manufacturers are putting usb outs only. I'm looking at Sonore Rendu & Innuos products mainly because I will be able to keep the Squeezebox ecosystem with these products, and they both appear to be of good quality. Some of the Innuos products do provide Spdif out, but they have internal DACs, which I'm not interested in.

Now I'm longing for a DAC that supports USB. maybe the Bel Canto 2.7 which I'm not sure if it will be better than my Bel Canto 3.7 with upgraded power supply etc.

Do USB converters degrade the audio signal ? Do I have to search  out and expensive USB to SPDIF converter ?

I wonder what others are doing with older type DACs that they love ?

The Sonore Rendu setup looks real hi-end. Seems they have really taken the time to clean up the digital audio signal. I would really like to go that route. Their USB to SPDIF converter costs $500usd.

Please don't bother recommending other streamers which take me out of the Squeezebox LMS ecosystem.

Maybe tell me about your work around for USB out only devices. Perhaps someone can give me a comparisons on the Bel Canto 3.7 to the Bel Canto 2.7. I love Bel canto and might just change DACs. As the 2.7 is more future proof.

Thanks for any input you may be able to provide.

128x128bunkertoy

I wouldn't even consider a converter.

I don't like sonore because it involves convertes to go back and forth to optical.

I assume your bel canto supports AES/EBU?  I have a grimm streamer that excels using AES/EBU.

I think it is foolish to build an expensive DAC that doesn't support usb, but I guess Bel disagrees with me.

Jerry

The Innuos Pulse outputs AES, RCA SPDIF and USB. I have not listened to one however Innuos does fine work. Previous owner of Innuos Zenith Mk3, current owner of Grimm Mu1. Best wishes.

The Bryston BDP-3 can function as a Squeeze Slave and has AES/EBU and S/PDIF out. I have the Bryston BDP-Pi functioning as a ROON endpoint and it works great for that , small footprint as well. I have never tried the Squeeze...

BDP-3 also has Squeezelight capability but again I have no idea on functionality.

bdp-3 manual