Great, affordable 720p pj...suggestion?

My old faithful infocus 4805 is having some issues after about 2000hrs over the last couple of years. I know this is not much hrs/time but I have this dark/shadow like area on the right side of screen that takes up approx 8 inches of the screen side. Not too distracting in most scenes but you know what...it's a dinosaur and it has to go. So...what's the skinny on a great/cost effective 720p projector and from what dealer preferably online to save most? Thanks.
mnnc

Showing 2 responses by queefee

optoma hd65 looks even better than the 4805 (black level,color accuracy, rez (obviously), sharpness, etc. And I'm not even a fan of color wheel dlp's. But this one's a winner for like $800 retail at Best Buy! Infact, I've watched a couple movies on it thus far, and I nairly see rainbow issues, headaches, issues, any. The pic just looks great on a grey screen. Hope this helps
Yeah, I'm gunna say that that deal on the 720 epson looks muy muy bueno! While I've not seen it, it probably is a great choice for a great price, and you'll likely not loose. And if you go with one of the excellent high contrast gray, silver or black screens on the market (Any other pj out there besides the JVC's over the past few years can't do absolute black, regardless), I'm sure you'd be very very pleased if you can budget the $1000 price (hey, free bulb as to boot!).
Anyway, If it looks as good as the optoma hd 65, plus no color wheel/rainbows, has good brightness, and at least as good black level as the optoma, I'd consider that Epson too if 720 was acceptable to you.
For $1000 bucks though, you can get into 1080p dlp now, though. Although you're probably sacrificing black level and contrast from what I'm gathering.
You can always wait a month until more info's out on all the latest pj's. But there sure are lots of choices out there these days. Should be able to take a shot and be happy at one of the many geat deals out there. And that is a nice thought.