Good Speakers for Rock and Roll Under 15K

I have nice speakers for acoustics, jazz, vocals, etc. but are not great for rock and roll.  Would welcome any recommendations for speakers that do a great job with classic rock and roll.  I will add some components in my system that might influence thinking:

New Audio Frontiers Tube Preamp, New Audio Frontiers 845 Tube Power Amp, Lampizator Atlantic DAC, Innuos Zenith Streamer, Tchernov cables.

gregjacob

@ditusa he checked out here:

gregjacob OP

99 posts

Wrapping up, thanks to everyone for your input!  When opening up topics like these, the hope is that many benefit from the answers.  I've garnered much over my time in this forum just by reading questions and answers I hadn't even posed. So, hopefully, this is good stuff for those trying to suss out their equipment.  Thank you everyone.  I will close my part in this discussion and continue to mull over possible tweaks as well.  Cheers.

@mofojo Big myths die hard. So this does not surprise me- I get pushback on it all the time. But it comes down to something very simple, which is can you find a designer who can say what parameters exactly will favor a certain genre?

I’ve been doing this 45 years and got an engineering degree early on. I know a lot of designers and none of them make any claims to this effect. Since I design amps and preamps I see things a bit differently, thru the eyes of my test equipment. Once that signal is in the amp, the amp does not care what it is, it just amplifies it. I suspect the same thing for speakers- they have no taste, they just move as the amp tells them.

Any tech dude in the manufacturing space seems to think he knows everything there is to know about music (anything he doesn’t know is all one big myth!). Why don’t you have a seat someday and talk to guys like Levinson (too late for the late Schweikert) who actually understands instruments/music? You may gather more insight.

Until then, it is just another case of beating the deadhorse over n over about myths and non-myths.

@gregjacob

I have New Audio Frontiers 211 SE amp (20 Watts) with the Stradivari Preamp and have no problem playing Rock loudly and clearly with the Wolf Von Langa SON speakers. They are field coil speakers that really control bass and I have the speakers on LiveVibe Rhythm Jr stands which really help with dynamics. The SONs are a bit over your budget at $19k or so but they play very well with NAF for all types of music.

Any tech dude in the manufacturing space seems to think he knows everything there is to know about music (anything he doesn’t know is all one big myth!). Why don’t you have a seat someday and talk to guys like Levinson (too late for the late Schweikert) who actually understands instruments/music? You may gather more insight.

@deep_333 Yeah, I play string bass and keyboards- played in orchestras, jazz and folk bands, recorded my own albums, mastered LPs on my LP mastering system and recorded/produced other's recordings. I’ve got 4 patents so far, been making amps and preamps that get good reviews and awards in the high end press for the last 45 years. I’m one of those guys ’like Levinson’. I don’t usually talk this way, but you seemed to need to hear it.

Post removed