Goldenear BRX Stand Height

I am investigating new speakers, and the BRX is on my short list.  One concern I have, however, is that Goldenear recommends these speakers be used on a 30-inch stand.  Several reviews also mention that GE recommends that the tweeters be above ear height.

My current speakers are roughly 14" tall on 24" stands, for a total height of 38".  My ears are about 37" off the floor at my listening position, so I am currently just above the tweeters on my current speakers.  Putting the BRX on a 30" stand will bring them to a total height of 42".  But my concern is putting a smaller speaker on a taller stand may look a little weird in my room and may fail the WAF test.

If you have the BRX, what height stands are you using?  Is there a significant difference in sound if your ears are level with the BRX tweeter, or even a bit above the tweeter?

dinosore

Showing 1 response by avanti1960

Always follow the manufacturer's positioning guidelines.  So many people unhappy with the sound of their system did not even bother to read the manual.  

Not always about tweeter height at ear level either.  KEF for example wants the LS50 tweeters below ear level and a max stand height of 24 inches.  

The other reason for height guidelines is proper amount of floor bass reinforcement.