Give 'Ambrosia' another listen

Ambrosia.  It's been years since I put them on, and I'm blown away. There are a couple of their albums that rival Sgt Pepper in creativity. Very under rated band IMO.  The albums, 'Somewhere I've never traveled' and their self titled one are my favs.

Imagine Yes, Chicago, the Beatles, and Klaatu mixed together, with a great vocalist.

128x1281111art

@roxy54

It comes down to supply and demand or "what the market will bear".

I’ve spent considerably more for out of print CDs, particularly Jazz; I don’t consider $28 "expensive" for a hard-to-find title.

It all depends on your budget and how much the music means to you.

Perhaps BGO or a similar label will eventually reissue Ambrosia at modest price. Of course, once reissues are out of print, prices rise again.

It pays to regularly keep an eye on discogs, Ebay and Amazon if you are looking for something rare because every so often a seller will price a cd much lower than other sellers. I've taken advantage of such situations numerous times.

Great suggestion, they were missing from my play list. Ive been struggling to find "new" oldies that I enjoyed.  Didnt realize how many songs that they did that I liked.  Thanks! 

I have their first album, (Very Good) but haven’t heard anything else. I’ll add the next two to the list of albums I am planning to listen to.

Wow, I feel blessed that I kept the albums all these years. I just made a 'Best of Cd, and found I had to fill two 80 minute CD's just to get all their best songs included. Worth the big bucks you guys. Try record shops, there's plenty of them here in Portland.