Future of cables!

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-discovered-a-new-electronic-state-of-matter?utm_source=...

I know very little about cable technology & even less about quantum physics. I read this & immediately thought (10+yrs down the road) this would upend cable tech: efficiency, clarity, & probably a bunch of stuff I don’t even know about that goes into cable science.

So, say hello to your new 2030 $70k cables. I’m curious what other people think.
tochsii
Um, Basically "ALL", of the "Assumptions", That "Djones51" is currently spouting are simply incorrect. 
And, "yes", they indeed "Are", (assumptions) Which sound as if gained through a flawed perception that may need to be re-calibrated to base-point.
 And when you assume too many things......Bad things may come to pass.

I hated to have to say that. But someone, (Without a dog in the fight), "needed" to point that out.
Having degrees up the wazoo holds no more relevance when listening than having a chest full of medals while engaged in combat. Ask the dead.

It's back to the old semantic maxim in that the the flag is not the nation, the word is not the thing, the map is not the territory.

It's great to have a good foundation to move onward from, but not to hold you back with.

All the best,
Nonoise
Interesting article, thanks for posting. I enjoy reading about what research is being done.
It only works for "ballistic conduction".  Our speaker wires are too long to be qualified as "ballistic conductor".  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_conduction

In mesoscopic physics, ballistic conduction (ballistic transport) is the transport of charge carriers (usually electrons) in a medium, having negligible electrical resistivity caused by scattering. Without scattering, electrons simply obey Newton's second law of motion at non-relativistic speeds.

"Scattering" is the basic electron movement in our audio cables and NOT ballistic.  In audio cables, the electrons will encounter "scattering" all over the place so unfortunately they will have to face the dreaded Audiogon forum scattering lols. 

Ballistic conduction may also work inside of Hollywood movies like "Real Genius" :-)