Furutech Mains Power Cables Hierarchy & Differences

My first experience with a newly fabricated Furutech mains power cable (FP-TCS31 + FI-28 (R) has proven to be extremely positive although the cable is currently still in the break-in process. There were ups and downs with the performance of the cable for the past two weeks but it’s a best sound reproduction I’ve experienced so far with the system. The Furutech cable is currently used in conjunction with other costlier (and excellent) Acrolink cords in my system.

I’ve barely warmed up to the sound of the new Furutech cable but I"m already thinking about the higher range alternatives. I noticed there isn’t exactly a hierarchy with Furutech cables but acknowledge that the DPS4.1 sits at the top of the ladder. Nevertheless, based on the price I presume the TCS31 is 2nd best, S032N 3rd and TCS21 / 3TS762 are at the 4th or 5th spot.

Since I now own the TCS31 I’m only interested in the comparison between the DPS4.1 and TCS31. Some say the DPS4.1 is a superior sounding cable while there are some comments about the DPS4.1 sounding too smooth or dark although it has more impressive bass than the TCS31. Has anyone compared the TCS31 to the DPS4.1?

As for plugs, there are many people who have compared the FI-50 (R) NCF to the FI-28 (R) and the consensus is the former is better so there’s no issue here.

The next question is on the finished cables NanoFlux and PowerFlux NCF. They are actually not within my budget but I’m curious if anyone has compared these with the DPS4.1 or TCS31 + FI-50 (R) NCF plugs. The NanoFlux and PowerFlux NCF also come with FI-50 (R) NCF plugs and I’m not sure about the difference between these finished cables and DPS4.1 and TCS31. However, there is a BIG price difference between them. If there is a difference is it a worthwhile night and day difference or a subtle one. Which is considered the best VFM cable?

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

ryder

Thanks. Will have a tough time picking one. The current TCS31 with FI-28 (R) is already showing great potential and it's difficult to imagine how the others will sound like. In this hobby we pay a significant amount of money to attain a small but appreciable difference. Will decide when the time comes.

"In this hobby we pay a significant amount of money to attain a small but appreciable difference"...indeed...i think the plain 50’s would be my slight upgade on source...maybe conditioner as well.But that comes at cost $ and the 28’s at a loss.No ones buying "diy" used stuff it seems.Really hard to sell...Im sittin tight for now.

Sounds right to me...time Ryder...time 😉

Yes digsmithd there’s still ups and downs. It sounded great yesterday and today it sounds slightly muffled and shut-in. Perhaps DPS4.1 and FI-50 (R) NCF will do it. I’ve already overspent on cables as they now probably cost about 50% the total cost of the system, seriously.

I’m using cable rolled by Chris Venhaus of VHAudio S-032N with FI-11 gold plated connectors.  They were a steal for under $400 back when I bought them 5 years ago and sound excellent, neutral with just a touch of warmth.

You need to wait. What you’re describing is the exact same break in process I’ve witnessed in my system with FPS-55n (FI-50 NCF), FPS-032n (FI-28 R) and Furutech GTX-D NCF outlets. Once settled, fantastic components! 

I won’t offer comparisons to TCS as I never tried one but the DPS-4.1 FI-50 NCF configuration is excellent. Clarity, purity of tone, sweet and extended treble, lush mids and punchy textured bass. Probably one of the best power cords I ever tried. It beat my AQ Hurricane in clarity, extension and purity of tone. Made the Hurricane sound overly warm, bloated and slightly restrained and not as detailed.
Comparing FPS-55n to DPS, 55n is warmer but still has that Furutech tone and clear lens presentation. If you are looking for a cord for the amp and DPS is out of reach, 55n should be close to the top on the list.