Full range stand mounted speakers

I would like to replace my Golden Ear Triton one.r speakers with equivalent stand mounted speakers.  Reason - Golden Ear is covered with cloth that cat’s love, and we are expecting 2 new kittens soon.

cakids

Get floorstanding speakers made of wood or metal that they’ll have no desire to scratch. As insurance if you want you could spray some citrus spray around them and the cats won’t go near them because they hate citrus, but it’s likely not necessary. Full-range, stand-mounted speakers are like unicorns and no need to go that route. This is from a lifelong cat owner BTW and they’ve never bothered with my speakers other than to occasionally jump on top of them, which has done no damage. The other option would be to get monitors and a pair of subs, but I’d leave the grills off the subs (or get bottom-firing subs) cause that’s a potential scratching post. Whatever you do, DO NOT declaw them — it’s cruel and if they ever get out they’re completely defenseless, and one of my friend’s cats died a slow, horrible death that way. Anyway, best of luck, and cats are well worth the effort.

Just get a good scratching post and show them how to scratch. Use your nails while they watch and rub so cat nip into it. I have never had issue with my cats and speakers. 

Active speakers are the only ones I can think of.  Dutch & Dutch 8C, large Genelec models. JBL 4329 might be close to full range.