Fraud and scam, how many of you are victims?

I was a victim of the most unpleasant experience just recently.I thought i was buying a preamp, but it proves i have been sending money to a scammer. It turns out the seller had been using a stolen ID and digitally manipulated photos.
I managed to get in contact with the fellow whos ID had been stolen, and it proves many more have been scammed like me. I'd like to point out that this is NOT through Audiogon, but another big sight.

Utterly painful when it's borrowed money. This makes me totally rethink any future purchase on the used marked.

I wonder how many of you fellow audio-friends have had this happen to you?

rird
I ran into a scammer this year on usaaudiomart.  I'd placed a wanted ad for a particular model of speakers.  I got a response from someone offering to sell them.  There were a number of red flags.  His account was two days old.  No feedback.  No photos of the speakers.  When I questioned the price, he immediately offered to reduce the price by 50%.  He referred to the speakers as "it", something no audiophile I know would do.  When I again questioned him he then asked how much money I'd be willing to send him.  Obviously, I passed. His account was closed a few days after by usaaudiomart.  They're not all this obvious so those offers that seem to good to be true usually are.  
Years ago somebody paid me for a couple of guitars selling on Ebay with Postal Service money orders...seemed a little weird as they wanted to overpay me...I held onto the guitars until I was sure the checks cleared which they initially seemed to...a few weeks later they didn't. Never sent the guitars as I kept getting different addresses from the barely intelligible thick Asian accented buyer. Note that if a deal seems shaky, it likely is.
Paypal came through for me on a used $6500 speaker purchase, accidentally sent double payment. I puckered up when I saw $13k rather than $6500.
I buy used often, cars, HiFi, camera gear bikes and never have been ripped off. I attribute this to buying use locally and testing the gear. If there is a problem within a reasonable time ( it is used after all) I would knock on their door and the issue will be discussed and resolved in person.
The two purchased I made on here from local gonners were excellent! Both guys honest and a pleasure to deal with classy guys.
Sadly I've seen many items on here I'd purchase except most of the gear has been on the left coast too far, costly and dangerous( shipper damage or missing) to ship and not next door for me to visit if a problem.
I'm always surprised when I hear someone has given their bank or credit card information to a third party.  The sending and receiving of funds through an e-transfer is safe and efficient.  All that's required is an email address.  Mind, when you are sending money, you still have the issue of knowing the seller is reputable, but at least no one is getting access to your accounts or personal information.