Former Tekton owners: What have you moved on to?

I owned the Tekton Lore Reference for about a year and a half and they were great for the price. I ran them with a 50w tube integrated and it was a nice combo. For $750 I had no complaints except perhaps that the paint was cracking on one of the rounded corners. I ended up buying a pair of Gallo CL-2 for an office system on closeout direct from Gallo for $390/pair. After they were broken in I found myself listening to them more than the Tektons after awhile. I was getting addicted to the CDT tweeter.

Based on that experience I ordered the CL-3 refurbished for $650/pair shipped (crazy steal) and they were on a different level than both of the above. Sonically, one defining moment for me was listening to Joni Mitchell, Both Sides Now. (I think the Track was You’re My Thrill. )
During the intro there is a brief flute soli. With the Tektons it sounded like a really nice flute section that was very homogenous sounding and blended. With the Gallos I could hear each individual flute player and their unique tones and vibrato. The bass was also deeper and tighter on the gallos and the imaging was just amazingly holographic and wide and deep.

I know the timing of this is interesting as the Tekton hype train seems to be at full tilt right now with some of his higher models and I am curious to hear them. The 2 things that would give me serious pause and keep me from moving up the Tekton line are 1) the size and aesthetics 2) The very much "in your face" house sound that can get tiring to me.  Just wondering what others have moved on to from Tekton and what they heard that moved them in that direction.
128x128clarinetmonster2
Post removed 
I owned the Lore-S for about a year. Loved them immediately once installed, very attractive characteristics of lightning fast response and a unique quality about projecting impactful bass into the room which I still yearn for sometimes. Great for simple vocal/jazz/folk, and exceptional with my wife's electronic/techno records. The big deficiencies were a lack of refinement (probably counterpoint to the excitement at first listen), and most importantly a lack of midbass and lower midrange density, i.e. the crunch of electric guitar/bass etc. 

In search of this, I moved on to Harbeth Compact 7s which were a marvelous improvement in all areas except for the lack of speed on electronic music. (And the nasty interaction with my room due to the lossy cabinets...another story). Still wonderful speakers that I'd consider re-buying anytime. 

Finally moved to the Sonus Faber Venere S. I am a typical audiophile in constantly seeking upgrades, but no longer (at least for a while!). These don't excel in any particular area -except for looks- but are so well rounded with all genres that one has no pressing desire to move on. Less exciting than the typical audiophile acquisition, but more conducive of financial and familial stability!

In summary I support what Eric is doing with Tekton, if I don't quite buy some of his "science". He makes good product at great value, but one should be cognizant of his lack of large scale R&D resulting in limitations (which are more than fair, for his prices). 

Everyone has an opinion but I will say amplifiers have a strong impact on the sonic characteristics of these high sensitivity speakers. 
I drive my Pendragon's with a really nice KT66 based tube amp with 100wpc.   Before settling on the tube amp I tried every hyped up solid state (rogue, parasound, mcintosh 5200, ect) and it was not great because I heard every flaw in the power amp.  My current tube amp is a Synthesis A100 Titan and I must say it's a fantastic setup.  I will not be selling the Pendragon's anytime soon, if anything I'll be upgrading my DAC to the new Oppo 205 or to the Schit Bifrost or yaggy.  
Side note:  The Pendragon sounded pretty slick with the Sophia Electric Baby amp with only 10wpc and had enough bass to keep my young sisters happy playing trap music and bass heavy tunes.  And it kept me happy with it's most seductive vocals, mid range and tingle highs never being too sharp.    
kosst_amojan
Am I to believe that a pair of $20,000 Pendragon PMD's are showing up Wilson Alexandria XLF's and Focal Grande Utopia EM's? Or even a pair of Sasha W/P's or Sopra No.3's? That's really hard to believe
Why don't you listen and decide for yourself?

Two years ago when I was looking to upgrade form my very respectable Boston Acoustic T 830s, I lusted after some SEAS Pendragons recommended by Eric when I described my room. (they were off the market shortly after we spoke). While I was saving my pennies I kept an eye on the local used market and came across a pair of NIB Gallo CL-3s at a very good price. Unfortunately the seller could not provide a reasonable demo, nor accept a return; so I will never know but still wonder. 

BTW I wound up with a pair of used $3000 Cantons for $800. I'm more than happy but I'd love a chance to hear any Tektons. I live in North Jersey.