Focal Celestee

I just received my first audiophile headphones, the Focal Celestee. I am not necessarily a HP fan, but I needed a birthday present, they were pretty highly recommended by professional & user reviews, my local audio store (even though they were OOS), they were a good price point & I thought I would enjoy them.

I first burned them in running for 24+ hours at a higher volume per Focal recommendation. I then began streaming from my system, several jazz musicians listening through my new Focal’s while A/B with my system speakers (my Rogue plays both headphones & speakers simultaneously).

My issue is the Focal’s don’t sound as good, to my ears, as playing music through my existing system or I had hoped. I understand Focal is not a leader in soundstage & while the Focal’s are more dynamic, I had hoped for a cleaner & clearer sound.

My question is if you think my issues are with the Focal’s or the built in headphone amp in my Rogue preamp and your resulting recommendations / fixes.

My system includes:

Rogue RP-1 pre with NOS Telefunkon medical, Siemens nickel plate & Brimar CV4003 NOS tubes (rolling)

LSA Warp 1 amp

KEF R11 speakers

Rythmic F12SE sub w/miniDSP equalization

Aurender N150 streaming Qobuz

Chord Qutest DAC

Pro-ject 1Xpression carbon classic with Hana ML cart

Rega Aria phono stage

A reason to think the problem may be in the Rogue is the stereophile RP-1 review. While the overall review was stellar, they stated: “… mostly average audio quality of the RP-1’s headphone output.”. But maybe not. Anyone using the RP-1 HP output?

Your thoughts and recommended actions would be appreciated. Thank you.

128x128signaforce

Personally, I use the open back Focal Elears with an Auralic Taurus Mk II headphone amp. Works for me.

@tony1954 

Thanks, the Elears were a predecessor to the Clears and have, per reviewers a very similar sound signature.
The Auralic is a very well regarded HP amp, albeit discontinued, but available on the used market at an attractive price point. Question: does it have a remote? Thanks 

I think I am going to buy the Schiit Lyr+.  USA built, good reviews (incl compared to SA-1), remote controlled, good power, price & form factor. Several user express great compatibility with Clear’s. Selectable SS & tube options, which allows for tube rolling (fun) or running straight SS.  
Thoughts? Thanks!