Focal Aria 948 repair

I have a pair of Focal Aria 948’s. One of the speakers has a bad tweeter. I received a replacement from Focal. My question is how do I access the inside of the speaker? I see no access points or screws. I don’t want to damage the speaker. I was told the only tricky part is using a hair dryer to release the glue around the tweeter from the bezel then you just plug the new one in. No soldering required. I just can not figure out how to even get to the tweeter. Anyone have some information for this complete neophyte?

cpdkee

I’m not sure if the tweeter is glued or screwed on from the back using a bracket. I had a similar model and there was no glue at all, it was just a large thumb screw on the back that held a bracket that bridged the hole.  A screw on the back of the tweeter went through the bracket and was held in by a thumb screw.  A tidy, firm attachment.

If your tweeter is like mine was then you'll need to remove the ring around the mid-woofer surround on the driver below. Not sure if you need to use heat or if it’s magnetic or what not, then reach inside and unscrew the midwoofer and access the tweeter from the back. Feel around and see if you have a knurled/ribbed nut. Unscrew it, being careful not to drop any moving parts into the speaker body, either the screw or the bracket you’ll never get them out. :D

Thank you for the responses. My problem is I can not see how to get into the speaker to even access the tweeter. Does the glass top come off? Does the back panel come off? I see no access points?

Hahaha. :)

The large drivers below the tweeter are all screwed in but have a cosmetic cover. The black ring around the mid-woofer is the surround, don’t damage it. Around that is a shiny metal ring that is cosmetic. The ring around the mid-woofer may say Focal on it or something like that. Try first with a plastic knife (to keep from scratching it) or something to lift it. It may just be magnetic. If not you may need to unglue it. A hair dryer may be in order. Try not to bend it out of shape. I’m not sure how delicate these are.

1. Remove the cosmetic ring.
  2. Unscrew the mid-woofer.  It is going to be heavy (~ 5-10 lbs) so you may want to leave the top screw for last, this way you can support it when it comes out.
  3. Pay close attention to which color wire is on which terminal!
  4. Disconnect the terminals. You may need some pliers close at hand. Be as gentle as you can be in pulling those off.
  5. Remember to keep large metal tools away from the driver. The magnet is strong and things will fly towards it.

Once that is done you can reach into the speaker.

Also, look online.  Some users say the tweeter is in a u shaped channel and removal is o turn the tweeter