Floor to Bookshelf

I have a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 12.4 towers that I like but are simply too large for my listening position. A smaller pair of floorstanders would work just fine, but since I presume I will one day be moving everything into a smaller listening space, I'm thinking of taking this opportunity to move down to standmount speakers. 

That said, I'd love some recommendations for a pair of speakers that would still feel like an upgrade in sound. Non-fatiguing detail is most important to me, as is imaging and soundstage. Right now I'm looking at the Dynaudio Evoke 20, but those are a bit pricey. I'd like to spend less if I can but the budget is probably $1k-$2k.

mightee

Showing 2 responses by allenf1963

In my hometown of Winston-Salem, NC, there were a couple of smoking deals listed last week that still may be available.  A trade in pair of Dynaudio Evoke 20's in Walnut, mint condition with loaded stands for $1,750; and a set of Fyne Audio 501SP in gloss Walnut, rated as borderline perfect with low demo hours, for $2,850.  I know the dealer and the boutique store, and I've seen both sets of speakers -- they look and sound like they came straight out of the shipping crate.  Also listed a mint pair of Silver and Red KEF LS50's with IsoAcoustic stands for $800.  I've bought used gear from the store before and every purchase was like new (Audio Research SP17, Rega P3, Sutherland KC Vibe, and led me to a consignment deal for a McIntosh MC-225 that he didn't take a cut).

If interested, contact me and I'll send you the contact info.

@mightee -- I attempted to send you the information twice from the private message you sent me.  Let me know if you got it.  The Audiogon Mod notice popped up -- I believe because I included a phone number in the 1st attempted reply.  Audiogon doesn't like that...they think I'm trying to sell you something privately.