Fixing woofer, should I replicate actions on matching speaker woofer too?

I've taken my Klipsch KG2 2nd gen speakers to an audio repairman. The rubber ring on the left 8" woofer has tears so needs repair/repaired. He says he will repair the woofer, not replace. More importantly, says he needs to do the same on the woofer on the the right speaker to match the sound dynamics change. The other woofer appears fine, plays well. Is he correct? Also what suggestions on general inspection: crossovers? wiring? drivers? coils? etc? I do not know the guy so don't know if he's right.  Thank you in advance.
128x128robmiami
It should be relatively inexpensive, a good idea, and will ensure the other speaker lasts a long time as well.
Yes. Both. Or all. This is an easy DIY and common enough there's kits and YouTube videos. I always say, if a YouTuber can do it, I can do it. But whatever. Do both.
@gdnrbob: Sounds reasonable, thank you for taking the time to share your experience, @glennewdick: I will check out the cost for replacing drivers while I have the speakers at the shop, @erik_squires: helpful to have another option which validates @gdnrbob, @millercarbon: thank you for your input supporting other opinions. You guys have helped a lot. Thank you.