Finding a Bookshelf for Luxman C900U/M900U

Hi everyone, I’m finding a bookshelf to replace the B&W 802D. My genre: Mainly Jazz & Acoustic Pop, 20% of Classical/Opera, and some Bossa Nova, 

Here is my story, I used to have a B&W 802D powered by the Luxman C/M-900U and Holo May KTE. However, the 802D is quite big for my room (WDH: 4m x 5m x 2.7m), the 802D create a tremendous bass in my room, which sometime make me feel tired when listenning in the long session. So I decide to move down to the bookshelf which will help me to avoid the room mode. 

The budget is around $5k -> $7k (secondhand speaker is a great choice).

My wish is TAD CE1 but out of budget. I have some name in my mind:

- Focal Utopia Diablo (Ver 2 not Evo)

- Dynaudio Confidence C1 Signature

- B&W 805 D3

128x128darkknight8586

Fischer & Fischer SN 70's cannot be beat by any other bookshelf speaker for the price. $4500. 

@darkknight8586 

If you trust the seller, that is a steal, but $1500 USD seems too good to be true. I’d proceed with caution.
Money aside, the Callas 2014 are excellent and would be right at home with your musical genre and Luxman gear. I drove mine with a Luxman L-509X (which is about 90% of the performance from the 900 separates); It was a lovely matchup.

I found good cable synergy with Audience Front Row.

Happy Hunting!

https://atc.audio/hi-fi/loudspeakers/classic-series/scm20/ with the S-spec tweeter which is a significant upgrade. Sealed box, so booming is not a problem.

Mine sit atop Sound Anchor stands and Herbie’s Fat Dots run by Luxman 509X. They are magical in the midrange, no heavy driving bass, extend well in the highs and image crazy good. Best of luck in your search.

@dpac996 I just made a check, that's a real deal. The Opera Speaker awareness isn't strong in my country, therefore quite difficult for the Callas 2014 to resell here, so it is a bargain for me. Let me pull the trigger on the Opera Callas 2014

Hi @deep_333
Does the Borresen share sound signature with Scansonic? I used to have the Scansonic MB3.5, the Treble/Mid is good, however the Bass seem not very coherence and a little bit fake to my ears :’(

@darkknight8586 , no, the Borresen is a better designed, better sounding speaker across the board than scansonic.

If you can stretch your budget further than the OP, echoing @yyzsantabarba 's suggestion above, I would suggest the Yamaha NS3000 (10k) or the NS5000 (15k) as well for this kickass Luxman stack.