Fiber or Eithenet

I need to pull new cable from my router / Small Green Computer Music Server to my DAC (Bricasti M1S2 with nexwork card).  Which should I pull and why?  Differences.  I think about WireWorld for the ethernet. About an 80 ft run.

testrun

What @soix stated is a reasonable approach, I do think you need some isolation and I will tell you why. I recently moved to a new room away from my router, and as a quick solution while I debated running cables, I bought a TP-Link extender with an Ethernet port and used that. One day I decided to see how a hardwired link would sound and I ran my 30’ Blue Jeans CAT 6 cable across the floor between rooms. This had significant negative effects on sound, I was quite surprised. You might try the extender approach before you start running wire. 

Yes I am running all fiber and using cat8 between the switches. I am fiber copper fiber. With Quality media converters and SFP like you have in place you will not have any sound quality issues. Some have issues by using cheap Amazon converters and SFP. With CAT8 it is shielded at both connectors and can cause your cable to become and antenna for RFI and EMI, that is why I have a drain by un shielding the downstream connector, no transmission into my streamers or switches. 

@lalitk 

Kind of arriving to the same conclusion.  Just try and trust my ears.  I just don't want to pull both cables.  

Thanks everyone for sharing experiences and solutions.  Right now I think I'm going to pull ethernet and be happy with it.  Thanks again.  Good listening!!

Same here,  most of my network is fiber . Only converting to supra cat8 where I have to and only short runs. 

No good reason not to try it - you can buy two converters and 15M of fiber cable for $70.  Run it across the floor to try it, before pulling cable through the wall.  Later, even if you choose to use Ethernet cable, you can buy a shorter fiber cable and try incorporating the converters as an optical break at the end of the Ethernet run.  

More to discover