FEDEX keeps destroying my New CARY 805RS Monoblocks - What can I do to prevent Nightmare?

Hello members,

I really need your help to resolve this issue that has been going on since 12/14/2021. It is now 1/1/2022 and I still have only 1 amplifier that is working and hopefully NOT damaged.

I noticed that many of you are very fond of the Cary 805 monoblocks.
I have purchased a pair and have had 3 amplifiers destroyed by FEDEX Ground.
Any idea how I can get one without having the AMP DESTROYERS ruin them?
CARY ships them in WOODEN CRATES and they still are damaged.
FEDEX also totally ruined one of them by sending it via truck to MINNESOTA - 1280 MILES IN THE WRONG DIRECTION !!! I live in NEW JERSEY.
What would you suggest?
Can I force FEDEX to ship them by AIR to Newark airport? FEDEX CLAIMS/REVENUE SERVICES TOLD ME yesterday that the shipper can request this if FEDEX truck delivery keeps damaging my sensitive electronics.

Should I drive to North CAROLINA - 600 MILES IN ONE DIRECTION?

The FEDEX drivers are NOT able to left the 130 pound wooden crate off of the truck or into my house. Many of the trucks don't even have a hand truck and if they do, the drivers refuse to use them.

One delivery person actually tried to hoist the wooden crate from the driveway onto his shoulder. I stopped him before he fell over backwards!

CARY has been fantastic, but FEDEX is making this into a never ending nightmare!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Mike

rodagon

I try to avoid receiving stuff from FedEx. I try not to be overly opinionated on companies. But I hate FedEx. I keep getting into the darn “signature required loop” , they offer no way out (like UPS does), and frequently they just loose stuff… there technology falls further behind every month.

Years ago they were the envy of the fast delivery service. I integrated our shipping systems (semiconductor manufacturing) with their shipment software to ship worldwide… but they have lost it.

didn't read the entire thread so sorry if this has been mentioned-

get a fedex account online and when cary ships re-route the package to a fedex full service location near you.  then drive there and pick it up.  the extra handling after it arrives may be fouling the amp.  also it it's damaged at the facility you can make them deal with it on the spot and you don't have to.  

Mission accomplished!!!

I met the President of Cary Audio halfway between North Carolina and New Jersey. The location was Fredericksburg, Virginia.

I had to keep ahead of a snowstorm on the way home and I almost made it back until I reached the NJ Turnpike. The roads had not been salted and I did NOT get home until 1:45 AM.

I unpacked the amp with my son and allowed the amp to warm up for 1 hour.

This was the only safe way to receive the amplifier without it being ruined again by the FEDEX drivers..

FEDEX picked-up the last amplifier they damaged at my house on Monday afternoon 1/10/2022. As I expected, the driver came by himself and did NOT have a hand truck or a dolly. I fully expect that the amp was further damaged on the return trip to Raleigh, North Carolina.

Their appalling amp destruction record was 4 amplifiers to my location!

I will never use FEDEX again for shipping of audio equipment (Buy or Sell).

I should note that Cary has now learned their (Hard) lesson, and they will be shipping CAD805 amplifiers on pallets via freight companies.

I thank all of the members for their kind advice and I am now enjoying music again!

Now I have to find some NOS 6SN7 tubes that are not noisy.

My next SE amp will be a Type 45 and I will definitely pick it up in person!

Happy listening!

Mike

Stop shipping.

They pretty much destroy everything they touch.

They are overworked.

Start picking up in person Or risk Big time Damage from these jokers.

here is a List of damaged stuff from fedex.

Jbl L300,  Krll Ksa 250,  Canary Monoblock amplifier, Rogue 120 Amplifier, Crown Delta Omegas 2000 amplifier, Adcom 565 amplifier. Any more Im sure.