Favorite of Dick s Picks

I'm not an ex-dead head, but I really do appreciate their music. I'm looking for recommendations on which of the Dick's picks volumes contains more of the old magic of the Dead at their best.
issabre
#2 (columbus 10/71), #4 (Fillmore East 2/70), #16 (Fillmore 11/69) - All are excellent!
2 particular faves of mine are DP 16, which many (myself included) consider to be the "Holy Grail" of Dead shows -- just a great show from the '69 era, with outstanding versions of Dark Star, St. Stephen, etc. -- and DP 14, a nice example of the '74 sound, featuring the famous "Wall of Sound." Both of these releases sound good, too. DP 16 is just striking, to me, for performance & sonics. Enjoy!

Jim
My favorites are #7 and #10. #7 is a great 74 show from Alexandria Palace in London. Robert Hunter once said he was at those London shows and that the ceiling positively levitated those nights. #10 is a spectacular show from Winterland in 1977 that I was lucky to have experienced. It's a legendary show that circulated forever among tape traders...one of the all-timers.
Danlevy? I'll be damned!

Not Dick's Picks, but I'm very fond of two Arista releases--2/11/69 and the Ladies and Gentlemen...4/71 collection. Great sound on the second one, and that particular configuration of the band (The Quintessential Quintet) was very sweet for me as a budding Deadhead.