Favorite 300B: Sophia vs KR

Which do you prefer; S.E.T. Princess 300B Carbon Plate or KR 300B WE Clone?

I've only experienced NOS 40's/50's WE so my expectations are pretty high. Which do you think captures the essence of the WE most closely? I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as possible so EAT is not an option, as much as I was blown away by their KT88. I considered current WE but they're not in production until Spring 2011.

-
sakahara
Any updates regarding RP's?

How many hours on Takatsuki Charles1dad? Any improvements?

THX
Hi Maxmad,
Hope to finally hear the RP next week.
The Takatsuki has about 60-65 hours and has only gotten better. No night/day change but noticable improvements, the sense of air, living-breathing pressence along with dynamic power and projection is uber quality.This tube is very energetic and emotional ly involving yet it maintains a sense of supreme refinement and control.Resoulution,nunance and articulation is fanstastic! you will hear the most suble differences between all recordings nothing is masked over or veiled. This is done in a most natural and holistic manner(not clinical-analytical by any means).

Bottom line, the Takatsuki is an extraordinary 300b and I can`t imagine how it would fail to impress those who want pure natural music as opposed to hifi artificiality.It is clearly better than the Shuguang BT and just outclassed the Western Electric re-issue 300b in my system
Regards,
I have neither Sophia nor KR, but I have TJ Fullmusic 300B/n and Treasure 300B-Z. Both are good tubes and produce enjoyable music to me. I found big changes when changing 845 to 845B, and changing Shuguang 6SN7 to EH gold 6SN7.
Charles1dad,

I have followed this thread with interest because I also have the Frankenstein mark II monoblocks equiped with the Black Treasure 300b tubes. I have always believed this to be a stellar pairing but I would love to hear the Takatsuki 300b tubes in these amps. I can't find the link to order them. Could you help a fellow tubeofile out here?
Hello Marcus,
The Frankenstein-BT 300b is stellar as you say(it bettered virtually everything else I`ve heard in home audio systems for my taste). The contact is audio@amtrans.co.jp they answer with good english translation. Given your fine system I believe the improvement with the Takatsuki will be blatantly apparent and worthwhile.
Marcus what prompted the change from your high powered Cary to the 8 watt Frankenstein?
Regards,