Expectations in upgrading the power amp or preamp

Dear All, am i correct stating that when upgrading the preamplifier (active) you expect a different type of sonic timbre while upgrading the power amp you expect a better and more natural music flow and 3D soundstage improvement ?

Once more, making 100% the budget for a pre+ power amp do you usually allocate it as 60/40 (pre/power amp) or any better cryteria ??
Tks so much

PS.: Of course I considered that a good match between the power amp and loudspeakers is essential.
ad010685

Showing 1 response by ad010685

First of all many thanks for your contribution. I try to be of help from my side.
I prefer vinyl as I am still trying to find my way on digital.
Talking about my ideal chain.
I have a PT Export with a Sme 309, a Denon DL 103 and a Coph nia Phono stage.
All this goes thru Goldmund Mimesis 7.5 preamplifier and a Goldmund VSR power am.
It is the smallest one they have that use the Job circuit. It has huge bandwith approach like a sort of mini Spectral.
When I bought the 7.5 I was short of money and accepted the good offer for the VSR power amp.
For whom does not know these products the cost relation was something like 5000 USD the Mimesis 7.5 and 1500 USD for the power amp.
The Loudspeakers are 7 years old Monitor audio studio 12 that I plann to replace with a Merlin TSM.

I hope this info can help you to better advising me.
Comments, please ???
Tks