Eversolo DMP-A8 bypassing my preamp despite setting to fixed volume out

Fellow Audiogoners,

I’m at a loss for what’s going on in my system. I recently rearranged some of my components in my shelving and after reconnecting everything back up, I’m getting no ability to control volume with my preamp, AR Ref 5se.

Previously, my setup was Eversolo > Lampizator Amber 3 DAC via USB > AR Ref 5se via RCA > Bryston 14BSST2  via XLR > Aerial Acoustics 7T.

I was extremely happy with my sound quality and managed all volume control with the Ref 5se. That is, until last night. After removing/rearranging components and reconnecting everything, the Ref 5se has merely turned into a bypass unit. I can only control volume by way of the volume control of the Eversolo. 

To troubleshoot, I tried to restore the Eversolo to factory settings but no dice. I tried disconnecting the power from both Eversolo and Lampizator to allow a power cycle but no luck. I tried changing the settings within the Eversolo to allow volume pass through but no changes. Theoretically by enabling volume pass through, should disable the preamp section of the Eversolo and pass a signal only to the Ref 5 se. It’s not happening. It merely cranks the volume of the Eversolo to max (0) and my Ref 5se is set to zero volume and I still get max output from the Eversolo.

Ironically, when I turn off the Ref 5 se, all signal is lost. Hence the bypass only situation. To boot, I had never tampered with any of the Eversolo settings prior to rearranging my components. It was a simple turn on Eversolo, USB out to Lampizator and all volume control taken care of by whatever preamp was in place.

I’d appreciate any insights or help from anyone who may have experienced this situation. 

Thanks!

swhite007
Post removed 

So sorry to hear this @swhite007. There truly is nothing worse than reconnecting and having any type of issue. I can SO empathize😞! I have the Eversolo DMP-6 Master and absolutely LOVE it! Sounds like there may be some sort of setting on the DMP-8 that somehow changed during the reconnect? 

I wish you the best of luck my friend. I feel your pain all too well. Been there many times. Hang in there and keep trying.

2 things not so far mentioned and likely you have already tried this BUT:

Can you adjust volume via the Volume knob rather than the remote?

Are you sure you have not hooked up your power amp cables to the "record Out" outputs?

This one will.keep you up at night. Sorry to hear your problems. I also think the issue is likely related to the ref 5se. Good luck with it.

Sounds like something wrong with the ar 5se and only the 5se. Cause I have some experience with a dac come with the pre stage. You can just treat it as a pre or let’s call it pre-pre amp, like a phono pre with Potentiometer, or a preamp before an intergrated.

+1 Try to adjust the volume by the knob. It’s the only way to totally make sure the volume is ’’not adjustable’’ but not something wrong with the remote.