Ethernet Clocking

i had previously reported that adding an Antelope 10m rubidium clock to the Etherregen results in major tightening of soundstage and location of individual instruments. To my great surprise adding filtering on the BNC 75 Ohms connection between clock and Etherregen results in substantial additional benefits. The filter used is a Mini-Circuits BLP-10.7-75+ DCto11MHZ model.

We are only beginning to understand how to maintain clean clocking on digital connections, it is of paramount importance to SQ.

antigrunge2

@cindyment @djones51 

My full system is on this thread. I will not further engage in any discussion with both of you. Your church and mine on what sounds good are too far apart.

If you are working to achieve your goals using faith you may stumble on the target but it will be by luck. The results of our hobby are purely subjective preference but the underlying tenets are not and rejecting them because you don't believe them does not change that.

If I placed an ADC/DSP/DAC in your signal chain and you could not tell if it was there or not would you accept that you are currently wrong.

Thanks @cindyment the kind words.   I would not dispute your observations about USB ;-). You are probably right.

i learned one thing out of that thread, which is a twist on what I knew already: one can only share their experiences and knowledge with others.   What the do with it is up to them.  
I can’t stop folks from buying Ethernet reclocker, a fine asynchronous error-correcting protocol with no clock, neither should I.   I’m quite sure we will make warp drives work before we can explain what audiophile Ethernet switches and cables actually Do.  
In the mean time, I’ll continue to spend my money on DACs, preamps, amps, speakers, subs and room improvements,,other will do what they wanna do.
The one thing that bothers me is that there are equipment vendors that peddle bizarre stuff. If you’re a vendor that knows enough to build one of of top ten DACs on the planet, you know that external clocks are pointless.   I’m talking to you DCS.   Or you can explain to us why it’s not.  Not in terms of blah blah blah, but how it helps to clock the right bits in the Dac.    You won’t hear that, cause it does not. And that bothers me.   

While you are at it you might ask the same question to Chord, Mutec, Innuos and Antelope. Oh, I forgot: they are all out to scam us. Paranoia reigns supreme.

Post removed