Ethernet Cables - what are you using and why?

Curious about what everyone is doing for their streaming systems in terms of Ethernet cables. I know some people who swear by expensive models, but anecdotally it seems that folks care a lot less about Ethernet than they do about interconnects, AC, or even USB cables. 

I'm a believer but at the moment run a relatively affordable model that I might be looking to upgrade. Let's hear your thoughts.

tubeguy80

I use Belden 10GX CAT6A cables for my Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra and for my  router to my modem. They work very nicely for me. I jumped down the networking cable rabbit hole about a 5-7 years ago. I came up with these that can be purchase on eBay. Belden makes them in numerous predetermined length too. You can purchase them for like $9-30 with s/h each depending on the length. I’ll put a link here for you fellows. Cheers!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/166065872948

This is a no-brainer.  Blue Jeans cable is the cable to buy.  If you read their website you will discover that BJC has tested Ethernet cables from other manufacturers and has found that very few cables make their spec. Cat 6 cables might be cat 4 or 5!  And so on.  BJC includes a test record of how your cable tested.  You will know you are getting what you are paying for.  

Others mentioned BJC. They are good. Cables are where Amazon’s return policy is helpful. I ended up keeping a .75m AQ Cinnamon. This seems a fledgling market with new products launching every month. When asking what “Ethernet cable people use” it’s important to mention length. In 2 years I’ll check out what’s new and audition the marketplace again. The cinnamon had the best bang for buck. I tried a couple shorter 18” SOTA cables and liked the sound of the AQ more. The BJC was very good. All the standard ones I tried sound harsh and brittle even through the midrange. Voice not as refined with all timbres perfect. It’s all going to depend on what the streamer is and what the modem or network switch is. How these components react to the cables you bring to the party is what will make this fun. Pick some great music and listen. I just did this all with the understanding that in a couple years this will be a different marketplace. Right now, I’ve got a very competent connector. 

For what it’s worth the AQ Cinnamon has been out for a decade. I use them . 50% of my Blue Jeans were DOA but that experience is old…. like me

Some time back, over a year ago at least, I did not think an ethernet cable could make much of a difference.  Then I was reading about the skin effect, ie higher frequency signals ride on the surface of wires.  It is easily calculable so I looked at the skin effect of the frequencies used by the ethernet.  I don't remember the exact numbers now.  I would have to dig around in my notes but I recall that the signal travels very close to the surface of the wires.  The newer version of Pangea ethernet cables have Ag plated Cardas wire and they are, or were (maybe they still are) attractively priced- about 5x the price of a basic, cheap ethernet cable.  I figured silver would be a good conductor for the ethernet signal and solid silver wire was not needed.  So I bought a Pangea ethernet cable to try.  First result was the cable sounded worse than the stock $6 ethernet cable.  Hmm.  I let it break in for 24 hours but it still sounded bad.  Mainly the highs were worse- very edgy and unpleasant.  I was about to remove the Pangea cable but then I thought to turn it around.  Bam!  Now it sounded great.  It was much better than the stock ethernet cable.  Now the highs were better and clarity improved.  Too bad Pangea does not mark the direction on their cables.  I found it easy enough to hear the difference but it takes an extra step to get the cable oriented properly.  Since then I moved to AQ ethernet cables.  Better sound but not as cost efficient as the Pangea.  Those are a great upgrade for the price.