Ethernet cables

Hello everybody!

I would like to have your opinions about Ethernet cables. I recently saw some silly expensive Ethernet cables! Do you think it is worth spending a huge amount for a cable which transfers data? Your thoughts please! 
Thank you!

128x128thanasakis

Supra CAT 8 work well in my system. Relatively inexpensive, solid connectors, double screen insulation.

I just bought an Aurender N100 from another member and found that I didn’t have a spare Ethernet cable, so I bought one at Best Buy.  Seems to work fine (but then my system is not as revealing as some here have). 

for a digital signal you will not hear anything different - digital signals have error correction - save your money for the analog cable which is audible and lacks error correction. 

Think about it - you're streaming digital information over the Internet where the info transects hundreds or thousands of other cables en route to your streamer - you really think the last 10-20' is going to make it better? 

you really think the last 10-20' is going to make it better?

no but the last meter might. 

Maybe we could ask for peoples experience with digital cables on their streaming system.

Also, have these people identify their system.

One person may say they can’t hear a difference and have a system that isn’t very revealing. Another might say they hear every difference and have an extremely revealing system.

I use a digital coaxial cable between my transport and DAC. It makes a DRASTIC difference.

I have a Meridian 800 transport modified by The Repair Shop (Marc Koval, authorized Meridian repair shop is THE BEST!!!!!) with a linear power supply and all other boards removed except for the digital audio output board. It runs into a Meridian 861v8 DAC. Amplifiers are Pass XA-200.5's with Wilson Sasha I speakers.

Power conditioner is a Sound Application TT-7 with CH Acoustic X-20 power cords and MIT Oracle Interconnects and speaker cables.

The last non-audiophile who heard my system said she couldn't hear the speakers because they disappear - the music is a 3 dimensional soundstage.

I'm not bragging, just explaining. Because of a divorce, I am taking my system down. When I get it back up, anyone in the central NJ area is welcome to hear it. I'd only ask you post your comments.

Best, TJF