End Game Turntable suggestions

Hello all, looking for insights to help me narrow down to some core choices; I am open to new or preowned. My system details can be seen under my profile.

In summary I have significantly expanded my vinyl collection and as of now I am looking to purchase an end game turntable appropriate for my setup. As you can see I use Mola Mola Kaluga Monos, and I really like the Zesto Pre and Phonostages. I find the class D/tube pre combination very pleasing. 

I would appreciate suggestions for around $5-8K (table + arm), new or used. I will have separate budget for cartridge. One preferred option (but not must-have) is universal voltage, as I may move the unit to Europe later. My current vintage turntable (Project Perspective) is 22 years old, and while I don't know how to compare to something really amazing, I can say that my setup is lacking detail and bass. The tonearm is terrible to keep aligned. Based on visits to Axpona and Cap Audio Fest and other research, I am thinking of a few in my budget, but will really value your suggestions of other brands:

- Origin Live Sovereign

- VPI Signature

- SAM Sinner

- Thorens TD 1601 (semi automatic)

Visual appeal is important to me (which is why Technics 1200 is not on my list despite great reviews everywhere). I love the idea of set it and forget it DD tables, but unfortunately mostly out of my budget (eg VPI HW-40 going for abt 11K used)....

Sorry for the long post but my hope is this background and help solicit good suggestions. Thanks

musicmatters1206

I know Sota and SME and Klipsch and others also have a reputation for long term, excellent after sales support.  It might be fun and useful for us to put our collective experience together and make a list of companies that we have knowledge of who have a good track record of support for their products and their customers.  Ortofon comes to mind for me too, now that I think of it.

mdalton

I inherited a Thorens TD124 with an SME arm. Wonderful!

Tremendous quality, that heavy platter, in incredibly close tolerances, best most coherent bass I ever got out of a TT.

Design, moving parts below the deck are easy to understand, clean, lubricate, keep in top shape., 

My problem is my springy wood floors, so I sadly had to move on. The bearing is susceptible to vertical motion, so I traded it, moved to my current setup, also in a firmer location. Perhaps the Thorens bearing would be less problematic there. 

My end game table is a VPI Prime 21. It’s my second VPI.

I’m running a Soundsmith cart on it.

I would recommend it, or the Prime Sig with the gimbal arm.

Technics SP10 mk3 will usually cost a great deal more than a mk2 and is more difficult to find. If cost is an object, certainly the mk2 is fine. In my own experience the Denon DP80 is a bit better than the mk2 in stock form. I found the OEM mk2 in a slate plinth to have a trace “gray” coloration compared to the DP80 also in a slate plinth. But the SP10 mk3 is a world class turntable even by modern standards, in my opinion. I hasten to add that my mk3 was purchased NOS, now resides in a slate and solid cherrywood plinth, was Krebs modified, runs on JP Jones discrete chip installed and calibrated by JP. Just to say that in my experience there is more than a casual difference between a mk2 and mk3.

If you are after a end game high mass TT, then hard to go past a Nottingham Analogue Dais TT and Wave Mechanic PS with either their 10" or 12" Anna arms. Bullet proof designs that look and sound great with great customer support.