Emotiva UMC-200 vs XMC-1 processor.......

I used to own a UMC-200 home theatre processor and it was the best I'd owned. I scaled my system down to 2 channel with an Audiozen 2 channel amp, tube pre and dac all with seperate power supplies. I don't think it can get better than that. But movies are only two channel with lots of front end information. I am trying to decide wether to wait for the new Dolby Atmos and DTS-X processors later this year or try an Emotiva XMC-1. It seems to have all the connections I would need. Not sure about the Dirac Live if it is stable enough or not. Can anyone tell my the quality difference to the UMC-200 to the XMC-1 for 5 times the price tag. Please explain in any details possible. Thx in advance!!
128x128bacardi

Showing 1 response by elevick

The XMC has virtually every part upgraded when compared to the UMC. The DAC is way better, same with video processing.
The question is: What is your source? I went with the UMC because my Oppo 105 does all the audio and video processing with the UMC just handling volume and sometimes source switching. The 105 plus a UMC is still much cheaper than the XMC.
Keep in mind that the remote controls are in my opinion the weakest link with Emotiva. You will need something else.