Elvis Costello's favorite album of his own.

I was an early fan of Elvis, acquiring a UK pressing of his debut album upon it's release. I didn't care for the second nearly as much (I don't care for The Attractions, a minority opinion I know), and subsequent albums even less.

But his album King Of America is a completely different story. Great songs, and finally a band I like (to put it mildly) backing him. Plus the production of T Bone Burnett, one of my faves.

I just recently read that King Of America is also Elvis' own favorites of his. I thought I would post this thread today, 'cause, ya know.....😉

128x128bdp24

Armed Forces is my favorite as well.  Released in my senior year in college.  Album came with a promotional EP that featured a live recording of 'Alison.'  So so good. 

To my tastes,  Costello has never equaled this recording, though I am partial to a lot of his music.

Rich 

I recently acquired a copy of the expanded CD edition of King Of America (which includes a bonus disc containing 21 demo, outtake, and live versions of the album’s songs). I also have the album on LP in a UK pressing and the one from MoFi (which has no digital conversion in the transfer from tape to the lacquer).

The studio band heard on many of the songs went by the name The Confederates. I wonder if that name would now be considered politically incorrect? 😊

@bdp24, I am glad you mentioned the CD version of King of America with the extra tracks, have had the LP version of the album and added the extended cd later when it became available and it is my favorite of ECs offerings, what a great song list and the players are 2nd to none and then you toss in T Bone Burnett. Enjoy the music