Ebay selling my missing amplifier

8 months ago I sent an amplifier to europe for upgrades. The amp went missing and there were investigations that went unresolved. I happened to be searching on ebay and noticed the amp and when I magnified it Bingo the serial number was same. It is an ebay seller store that is listing it. Ebay has not yet responded after several attempts. What next?

128x128snook2

There is no harm in reporting this to federal authorities, but I wouldn’t count on A lot of help as a result. United States attorneys offices, generally have a threshold amount of loss in a Matter like this before they will open and prosecute a case. That threshold amount will typically vary with larger offices requiring a greater loss. For most, that number is going to be above $50,000. 

this is not conjecture as I was in the justice department for several years. With that said, it may be worth reporting because there’s always the possibility that this case could be linked to others of a similar nature that might create some interest. Reporting it to the state authorities where the component is currently located might be more likely to get investigative action as knowingly possessing stolen property will be a state crime in all 50 of them

good luck

Who have you contacted at eBay? You should contact the fraud prevention office there. Also, is your article listed in the North American eBay or in one of their other national auction sites. The appropriate fraud prevention office might be through that subsidiary's sitemap.

Do you have documentation? (Warranty registration, purchase receipt, photos of the gear before you sent it off, mail/parcel service receipts and insurance papers, loss claims, correspondence with the repair facility, documentation of their receipt of the amplifier, invoices/estimates for repair acknowledging their possession of the device, documentation of payment for service, if any,) If eBay does not respond, call them on the phone. File a loss claim with the shipper if the item was sent and not delivered. Contact the U.S. Postal Inspection Service if the USPS handled the shipment. If you can afford DarTZeel gear, you probably have an attorney who can help you. I am assuming you have recorded the eBay listing and gathered the contact information of the seller. You may need to contact law enforcement in that city to notify the police of someone selling stolen goods. Did you report the item as stolen? (By now you should have.)

Part of this makes me wonder if you are trolling. Someone who would source and buy equipment like this ought to be organized enough to not need advice of this kind.

@snook2 is, IMHO, without a doubt trolling, or is willfully hiding key facts that, if known, would have ended this thread long ago. He has willfully chosen to not answer a slew of important well-intentioned questions by myself and others in this post. The only question that remains is why @snook2 finds stringing decent folks along with his booshwa so irresistible, and I suspect most here already know the answer to that question, and that word begins with the letter "A". Enough said.

I suspect most here already know the answer to that question, and that word begins with the letter "A". Enough said

Alzheimer's?