EAR 834P Deluxe with Dynavector 20 HX H output Cart.

I am using the High output MC Cart. and have to use in MM setting on the EAR. Someone at a shop said if I use a Dynavector 20X low output that I would have to turn my volume on my pre-amp too high. It seems low would be the right choice being in MC mode I get distortion with my High Output Cart now? Can anyone help with this situation?

Thanks very much!

romad

Showing 6 responses by romad

I wanted to try the Dyna.20x 2 Low MC Cart would I get better results in MC input on EAR or should I get the same Dyna. in High and continue using MM setting on EAR?

Thanks for the help.

Hi frogman,

Mitch also did the upgrades to mine as well. He is a super nice guy and is very knowledgeable with all kinds of different audio equipment. BTW what cart, do u like the most?

Hi, thanks for all the responses I talked with Mitch Singerman who is authorized service repair for EAR and said I might be better off to continue using HO Cart. in MM mode to bypass using the coils and have less circuits to go through and more direct sound.

Update- I talked with the EAR dealer who also sell Dyna. cart. and he said I would be better off using Low output cart. and use the MC on the EAR, would be better than using the HO cart. in MM mode. So two different responses. I think I will try the Low cart. and see the results.

dogberry, when I get the cart. I will see how it sounds, from what I am told there is a SUT built into the EAR I will be using. So hopefully I will be fine.

Update - Installed the new low output cart. and it works well in MC position, this is a better match for my EAR phone stage.

Thanks for all your suggestions!