Dynaudio Evoke 50 vs Revel f226Be

I'm considering between these (my amp can handle the Evoke). Revel gets all the press, and yet the Evoke is also highly praised and much less expensive. The price differential confuses me, in fact. I just want truthful sound at moderate volumes, and don't need a lot of bass.

Any opinions?

gary_moresky

This is a forum suggestion, not a response to your question.

I've seen a number of duplicate posts recently. I suspect people are posting, but then not refreshing their screen, so hit post again with two messages then appearing instead of one.  This complicates the subsequent conversation so its worth the effort to avoid double posts.

I can’t help much with the Dynaudio but I think the contour line is more of a direct competitor to the Revel Performa be. The standard performa would be compatible to the evoke. You probably get better drivers with the contour than evoke.

The Revel are a pretty good speaker. There only real flaw is lack of bass extension. They needs subs imo not for more bass but deeper bass. Other than that they have no real flaw as a whole. The tweeter and mids are as good as anything with domes and cones, you can of course get better bass (both output and texture) with larger speakers.

accurate detailed review below with kippel measurements.

I’d recommend you to find a used revel ultima studio 2 and eventually add a fine sub to those.

myself using the salon 2 with velo dd 15+ and believe that’s as good as it gets with dynamic speakers.

Needs power.

I haven't heard any of the recent Dynaudio products, but last month I replaced the Contour 3.0 speakers I have been using since 2003 with the Revel F226Be, I couldn't be happier.

There's a reason way the Revel Salon 2 speakers are still, after all these years, 2022 Stereophile Recommended Components Class A .  The Salons are an absolute phenomenal speaker system, and have withstood the test of time.  It's nothing for current speaker manufacturers the ask 20K-50K for a pair of high end stand mounted, bookshelf speaker.  It's also nothing for them to ask 35K- 200K, and beyond for a pair of high quality, full range, floorstanding speaker, which makes the Salons a huge value for the money speaker in todays market.  The Salon 2 speakers are just that good!!!