Downsizing Speakers in Main Listening Room - Your Feedback on Some options

All,

So I am looking to move to a smaller speaker to allow better low volume listening and possibly a little change in sound quality. I like the sound of my PSB Synchrony 1s at higher volumes - not room shaking but loud enough I am asked to turn it down when other family around <smile!> They could still use bit more bass kick (not thumping  loud - just a bit more punch). So I am thinking a higher quality bookshelf for closer, lower volume listening that still has some bite.

My current system is the following:
  * Speakers: PSB Synchrony 1
  * Integrated Amp - Ayre Ax-7e
  * CD/SACD - Ayre C5xeMP CD Player
  * DAC - PS Audio DLlll
  * Sonos Connect
  * Cables - Morrow MA4 Balanced Interconnects/Morrow SP3 Bi-wire Speaker Cables

Room setup is roughly 16'x20' (one side is open to adjoining room and dining area). Theater sloped higher away from setup -- starting at 7.5' to about 16'. Standard living room with fireplace and windows - hardwood floors, but have the usual rugs and furniture. Speakers are about 8' apart (slight toe in) and about 10' from main sitting position. Done usual minor acoustic tweaks to try to improve sound - within reason as this is the main living room.

Listen to all music genres but country(sorry) -- but most often jazz, rock, world.

Recent speakers I have enjoyed -- Aerial Acoustic 7t and Sonus Faber Olympica I and III. Enjoy the sound of both even though they are different (and different from my PSBs, which again I like as well).

So I am considering the following bookshelf speakers and just a few smaller floor standers (most looking at buying used), budget is max at about $2,500(used):

BOOKSHELF:
  * Sonus Faber Olympic I, Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M, Sonus Faber Liuto, Sonus Faber Venere 2.0
  * Dali Epicon, Dali Euphonia
  * Monitor Audio PL100, Monitor Audio Gold 100 (or GSX 100)
  * Focal 1008 BE
  * Aerial Acoustic 5t
  * ATC SCM 11 v2

FLOOR STANDERS:
 * Monitor Audio Gold 200
 * Aerial Acoustic 6t
 * Sonus Faber Liuto 

So while I am expecting to listen to several of these in coming months - probably cannot access all of them -- likely will hear Monitor Audio, Aerial Acoustic, and again Sonus Faber.

So please give me your best feedback on the list above and feel free to comment in any capacity. Thank you for your valuable opinions!

sbleam
Well, this is my first post and I am a true novice compared to most of you. But, I just bought the Liuto Monitor and paired it with a Rel zero subwoofer. I have a SS Burson Timekeeper throwing 80 watts per channel. As this is my first real stereo set up and coming off headphones, I'm not sure what I was expecting but wow, impresive. my room is about 13x20 open in the back. I'm surprised at how much of a wall of sound I have even at low listening. Big sound stage and the base just pops it a bit. Not a lot of other experience with speakers but I am amaZed. I listen to a lot of Prince who if your not familiar is notorious for throwing multiple vocal harmonies and real instruments across his music. These Liutos are butter on the vocals and pop the base strings. I'm surprised at all the musicality on the stage. What a great hobbie. I read a lot on the Liuto monitors. Supposedly better (more lively)than the floor standing and more velvet and smooth than the Venere. 

Thank you all for some great items to consider - sealed cabinets. Zu, Harbeth, Salk and others. Happy to hear a few of those on the list are of interest to follow-up with as well -- Focal Sopra, Sonus Faber Liutos. Also figured if I went with a smaller bookshelf a sub (or 2) could come into the mix. Happy to continue to get recommendations <smile!>

Thanks again - I know there is no alternative to listening yourself but great to have some feedback from others going through similar evaluations.

You should check out a LS3/5a type of speaker ( sealed two way) for your room size. The Harbeth P3esr is my favorite of the lot. Here is a review of that speaker!
http://www.hifizine.com/2011/12/harbeth-p3esr/
I’d look at the Revel F206. Has it all. Small footprint in a beautiful cabinet with great bass to go with superb  musicality . You’ll wonder how they can make any money on them. They really are special.