Does Qobuz work

I've been streaming from Tidal from ethernet, through my Blue Sound Vault and McIntosh amp.  I find the BluOS very easy to use and Tidal works great on the BluOS app on my phone.  Qobuz does not. I've tried to contact Qobuz customer support but its been days now and they haven't responded.  There are several options on the BluOS app for various sources, like Tidal, Amazon Music, Qobuz, etc. But Qobuz is the only one that doesn't work, I paid for the Hi Res Audio, but the songs come thru at only cd quality and only 15 second samples.    Does anyone have a solution?

mojo771

Showing 6 responses by mojo771

Thanks to everyone for their input.  Here is the update; I guess you can call it user error, but I'm going to deflect partially, because there are no instructions that say you need to log out and then log back, and not by merely selecting the Qobuz tab, like you just select the Tidal tab.  Insead, you have to go to a different settings page - not the main settings page - and then can log in and choose your service.  Qobuz has dozens of articles, but most refer to using it on your PC or your phone, while none were available using Blusesound through your stereo.  So I didn't need to uninstall and reinstall the app, or change streamers.  

While i am researching a new DAC, I'm not sure I need a different streamer because every high end audio store I've visited in NC or Miami or West Palm Beach, all use the BlueSound Vault to demo all their speakers - even up to those costing up to $50,000.  

So thanks for the ideas because it gave me ideas about how to troubleshoot the issue since no info was available on the Qobuz website.

The "Best" DAC is kind of the issue.  First, I don't know what dac is in the Vault,  2nd, I've had 2 different audio shop suggest dacs - one ( I think the T&A 200) also had a pre-amp and its over $7000. Another place suggested an $800 Hugo,  That's quite a big difference in price.  I don't want to go cheap, but I also don't want to spend $&k if I don't need to. 

Also, not every audio shop has every brand so its hard to compare dacs.  I can try ordering a few, comparing them on my system, and then return all the ones I don't like.  But I hate to order stuff I know I'm going to return.  

Update; Qubuz support finally got back to me after several days.  So far I've been on Chat for 90 minutes and we finally got it to work on my PC, even though the rep was using terms that were not actually on the website, so it took some time to figure it out.  Now we need to see if it works on the Blu app.  The site is not very intuitive.  I don't know if I can take another 90 minutes to see if it works on the phone app.

Tidal has a much larger catalog.  Doesn't matter how much better Qobuz might sound if they don't have as many titles as Tidal.  Plus, several albums on Qobuz have just been cd quality

@cycles2   I mentioned above that Qobuz did contact me, after several days of waiting.  They were able to resolve the login issue, even though it took over 90 minutes for them to figure out the issue, so it seems like Qobuz is not as intuitive as Tidal. 

So now I've been listening to both Tidal and Qobuz to compare for myself.  I mainly listen to classic rock and many times I've had to go back to Tidal because the album was not available on Qobuz.  So I may need to keep both services, although I know Tidal has said they are adding or converting many mqa titles to flac.  If this happens I may stay with Tidal because of their more extensive offerings.  But its good to know Qobuz may add music if requested.  Thanks

@buckycyo I use the BluOS and had to close my old account and resign in under the Music Service tab and then Manage.  I don't use the Qobuz app, but apparently Qobuz has 2 differnt web pages and only one of them lets you sign on and listen.  Its not very intuitive and like I said above, it took the cs rep 90 minutes to figure out how to sign in.  But eventually it worked.