Does anyone play two pairs of speakers at the same time?

I have found that certain combinations of speaker pairs produce a better sound than the single pair alone. For example: Klipsch Quartets and PSB Image 4T (new tweeters from Vifa) Quartets inside pair and volume matched to PSBs. I have done this over the years and found some great combinations.
aburnhamuu
Like the hippies used to say, "if it feels good do it."  Note: that doesn't apply to scratching mosquito bites.  But as for me I prefer a single pair of the best speakers I can build.
If I was down to one pair of speakers I'd do the same. But I have multiple speakers and multiple amps that I love, and only room for one system at this time. I'd rather use them then let them just sit in a closet. I'd sell them  but nobody is buying these days. At least for not what I'm asking, so I use them instead.
There have been many technical discussions on the "multi channel stereo" setting available in receivers and pre-pros. In essence, this is the same stereo signal sent to your 5.2 or 7.2 surround setup. It is misunderstood as party mode for non-audiophiles. But, it is not if you tweak it right. I have used that mode with great results in the past (timbre matched speakers and placement tweaks).. But, with immersive Atmos/DTS X upmixers or native available now, i don't do multichannel stereo that much anymore.
Rather fun to read all the differing viewpoints. I'll admit to stacking some cheap junk in college before my first real stereo. But ever since I have only used one (hopefully well-designed) pair at a time. I think a single high-end pair achieves the most pure and true-to-life sound you can get. (I don't/can't design my own.) A dedicated equal five-channel system is totally different and might be superb, but I've not got the money.

While fiddling with combos of speakers or more might be fun, and the sound pleasing to the listener's ears, I fear it is is in reality atrociously inaccurate. If the listener enjoys it, I'm all for doing it.

But I'll bet the non-casual listener, who enjoys sonic accuracy, would be shocked to hear an acoustically well-set-up quality two channel speaker compared to a mish-mash of various speakers channeled together when volume matched. It's all good; just keep listening!