Do You Ever Find Yourself Unable to Listen To Your System?

I was unsure how to pose this question.

I don't mean in a any technical capacity, as in, your system for some reason is not sounding good and therefore you can't stand to listen to it or some component is not functioning correctly.

I mean in the sense that your having some issues in life perhaps that is affecting you emotionally or mentally and you are unable to enjoy your system.

For me there is some personal issues that has been affecting me and my family for the past couple of years and there are times I just am not able to sit down and enjoy the rig.

For the past month I have been unable to bring myself to listen to anything. Heck, even hardly been on this forum.

I know different people deal with issue's in different ways. Some might completely immerse themselves in their system to forget about the world for a little bit.

I mean that would make sense. Music is not just enjoyable but therapeutic. 

I should actually be using my system even more in these type of times but I usually just seem to lose interest in things I like when I am a bit mentally disturbed due to some issue going on.

So I am just curious, do you any of completely turn away from your system or the opposite, immerse yourself even more?

Thnx

Jay
128x128jay73
@tablejockey

EVERYONE on this planet is trying to find balance.

clearly not everyone... just look around at our world

i wish you were right...

op

i hope you find peace and solace in your current situation, some times life gets to be very very challenging, music is one of many ways to calm and soothe our frazzled nerves

please talk to loved ones or counselors - formal or informal ones - and figure out other ways if music isn't doing it for you right now

best of luck
Post removed 
Yes. It happens usually when I over change my settings to get "better" sound and then I get a burn out and everything sounds bad. Hasn't happened recently though.
"6 Things Men Should Not Eat"

If you listen to this guy, EVERYTHING degrades testosterone.
He also has a creepy vibe to him.

One other thing, living is cancerous to your health.

Most everything in moderation. Why on earth does anyone want to live to be 100 and not enjoy food?
Sorry to hear about your troubles! Others have offered advice on how they deal with things and really, most of it is pretty good. However just b/c you can’t sit and listen as you’d like, doesn’t mean you have to be deprived of the solace that music provides the soul. I listen to music on my iPhone with good quality BT earbuds quite often. Mowing, puttering or just sitting with a good cigar outside.

Pandora, Amazon or my own ripped library via iTunes. It is high-fidelity? Likely not, but until you can spend some time with your primary system, sometimes just having MUSIC playing can be of great help. Or even a good audio book can help take your mind off things.
In any case, hang in there for "this too shall pass".

Happy listening.