Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
Burn-in and directionality are untested and unproven concepts that contradict the engineering and scientific concepts related to sound. Many people believe in this nonetheless, perhaps because they experienced this. But even here, how do you know if you just get used to the sound of the cables, so they sound better? It’s a subjective thing by definition. 

I did did my own test, using Nordost Quattro Fil XLR cable’s. I had two identical interconnects, and I put one aside and used the other for six months. Then I compared them and didn’t hear any difference.
Yes, you need between 54 and 976 hours, off course, if you move them you need to start again.
There is no such thing. Its all gigantic BS. AC Electricity flows through copper wires into the speakers which convert them into sound via speaker diaphragms. The copper only needs to be as thick as possible to minimize loss from electrical resistance and shielded enough to prevent outside distortion due to stray magnetic fields. There is no such crap as burn-in of copper wires.

Your garden won't give better fruits and vegetable if you send the same water them via copper pipes or cheap pvc pipes. Its a matter of longevity.
The only way something can truly experience a "burn-in" is if something physically changes. Think about that -- what is PHYSICALLY changing with the cable?  Ok, now you have your answer.
Very enjoyable to read these posts to my morning coffee. Thankyou all that contributes! By the way - I just moved really close to the nuclear power plant that feeds my equipment. Was that a difference!!