Do I need a sub woofer to match my ATC SCM11s

Hi,
I love my speakers (ATC SCM 11s), but am wondering if adding a sub woofer would better my experience? The speakers are on stands being driven by a Hegel H160. Any suggestions/tips to further enhance my system would be greatly appreciated. 

jeres8860

Hi,

Thanks so much for all the help and suggestions. After thinking about it more, I'm definitely keep the ATCs, like mapman mentioned, the build quality of these speakers are excellent and aside from sounding somewhat thin, I think it's probably a good idea to try and improve upon them instead of starting fresh. I'm going to look into sub woofer options. The array system sounds awesome, but sadly it won't work for my space. I'll look seriously at the E110. Are there any other good subs that would integrate well with the ATCs?

With regards to cables, I'm using Kimber PBJs for my RCAs and Kimber 8TCs for my speaker cable. I'm really unsure how much of a difference these play, but mind as well have decent cable as it's not something that I'll replace too often.

Can you guys recommend a reasonably priced power cable for my Hegel H160 Integrated amp?

Thanks again!

If you want really professional sub I can recommend the ATC :

http://atcloudspeakers.co.uk/hi-fi/loudspeakers/subwoofers/c1-sub/

Regarding power cables I am using Atlas cables but they are quite expensive .Wireworld and Audioquest have very good power cables in reasonable price.

Thanks! I was hoping to spend a little less than ATC's entry sub. I'm going to a Rel dealer after work to have a listen. Anyone have any experience with them? Seems like their emphasis is on music and not home theater.
REL used to have separate models for music or home theater, not sure if they still do...I had one for music and it was excellent, and neither large nor expensive
Can you separate the amp and preamp section on the Hegel? If you can’t do that you will be wasting your money on any sub with a high pass filter option including the JL E110. You can save some cash getting the JL D110 or D108. Since you will be running your speakers full range with any sub you decide to get!