Do equipment stands have an impact on electronics?

Mechanical grounding or isolation from vibration has been a hot topic as of late.  Many know from experience that footers, stands and other vibration technologies impact things that vibrate a lot like speakers, subs or even listening rooms (my recent experience with an "Energy room").  The question is does it have merit when it comes to electronics and if so why?  Are there plausible explanations for their effect on electronics or suggested measurement paradigms to document such an effect?
agear
This whole thread has taken a nasty and totally unnecessary turn. In the first place ever since the bullet headed amplifier reviewer from Audio Review opined that all amplifiers that measure about the same sound the same, audiophiles who actually can hear have laughed at anyone who demands proof or measurements. A lot of you young whipper snappers are too young to remember the big solid state amp vs tube amp debate from the 80s. But noone could explain completely why a solid state amp with vanishingly low 0.0005% THD could sound SO %€$@! BAD relative to a reasonably good tube amp with 0.05% THD, which according my calculations is TWO ORDERS of magnitude - or for those technically challenged - 100 TIMES HIGHER than the solid state amp’s THD. Hel-loo!
Crown amps of the early 70s had 60db of negative feedback and no distortion.??vs a Marantz 8b that had over 1 % thd..but you could listen into it all nite long. Tom
Ralph said: " You can have a fair amount of THD and still have relatively low IMD figures."

I doubt it, though I'll be glad to be proven wrong!

ethan_winer
Ralph said: " You can have a fair amount of THD and still have relatively low IMD figures."

I doubt it, though I'll be glad to be proven wrong

Juror #3 in 12 Angry Men: "You can't prove it!"

I doubt it, though I'll be glad to be proven wrong!
Cripes...

If you don't want to read through the whole thing, just scroll to the bottom

http://www.stereophile.com/content/lamm-ml22-monoblock-power-amplifier-measurements

Heck, I'll quote it:
(from Stereophile, measurements by John Aitkinson):

Whenever I measure one of Vladimir Lamm's amplifiers, I am always impressed by the quality of the engineering. Yes, the ML2.2 has a bent transfer function, which means that it produces higher-than-usual levels of second-harmonic distortion—but this is not accompanied by high levels of high-order intermodulation. And you have that low output impedance and very wide bandwidth!—John Atkinson
I did not add the emphasis on the word 'not'.