Ditching Class A Amps due to Heat - Sort of a Poll

A discussion elsewhere about the future of Class A made me wonder how true one statement really is. So the questions are...

Have you done away with your Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

Will you be moving away from Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

Will you never buy a Class A Amp due to Heat concerns?

I only have a class A/B unit that does Class A up to 6 watts with almost no heat so really can't speak for those who have used in the past or currently own and run Class A Amps.

brianh61

Your paying the electric bill, so run a Class A amp as long as you want. Leave it on 24/7, it's perfectly fine. If they are so worried about climate change why were we forced to use old technology like the combustion engine for over a 100 years.

I don’t own a class A tube amp but would love adopt one if anyone wants drop one off at my doorstep like an abandoned dog or something.  I wouldn’t buy an amp because it ran cool or was ultra efficient.   My decision would be strictly based on sound and how well it behaves in my set up.  I can offset the Carbon Foot Print with my electric lawnmower, weed wacker and leaf blower.  All of which I purchased based on performance not how green they were.

If they are so worried about climate change why were we forced to use old technology like the combustion engine for over a 100 years.

@phd For the answer to that, read Internal Combustion, by Edwin Black.

Its fascinating reading!