Digital LP’s

Has anyone noticed that LP’s made from digital sources don’t sound as good as actual CDs.  The seem to lack spaciousness and detail.

128x128rvpiano

Over the past few years of improvements in digital recording, I have been recording both analog- and digital-sourced LPs to DSD128 and become less of an analog purist.. I almost always prefer a vinyl-to-hi-res digital recording over a pure digital stream. If a digital recording intermediated by vinyl sounds better than a pure digital stream, is this not proof that however euphonic, vinyl is an affectation?

Of course RTR playback from an analog source is a different question,           .  

@abnerjack Because it’s essentially the only way to get high resolution recordings into the house. The closest high rez digital gets is from places like Qobuz which streams some music at 24/196, and SACD and DVD audio which I believe is roughly the same bit rate, but this music is limited and from my comparisons to the vinyl it still falls a little short in sound quality.

Plus people like vinyl and nearly all recording is being done digitally now.

Vinyl typically has a more dynamic range than its digital counterpart so I will buy it just for that even if there is a D in the chain. AAA is nice but pretty rare.

Digital recording to vinyl has been around longer than you might think.

www.aes.org/aeshc/pdf/fine_dawn-of-digital.pdf

I think differences that people perceive are more related to a specific master or mix and that digital in the chain is transparent. Analog to analog is like a photocopy of a photocopy with a similar result.

It's just a ripoff by the record companies as folks will pay double the CD price for an LP. When the Beatles set came out my friends and I compared and couldn't really hear any difference. Since then any of the new remasters I've wanted I've only purchased on CD.