Did Amir Change Your Mind About Anything?

It’s easy to make snide remarks like “yes- I do the opposite of what he says.”  And in some respects I agree, but if you do that, this is just going to be taken down. So I’m asking a serious question. Has ASR actually changed your opinion on anything?  For me, I would say 2 things. I am a conservatory-trained musician and I do trust my ears. But ASR has reminded me to double check my opinions on a piece of gear to make sure I’m not imagining improvements. Not to get into double blind testing, but just to keep in mind that the brain can be fooled and make doubly sure that I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. The second is power conditioning. I went from an expensive box back to my wiremold and I really don’t think I can hear a difference. I think that now that I understand the engineering behind AC use in an audio component, I am not convinced that power conditioning affects the component output. I think. 
So please resist the urge to pile on. I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if that’s possible anymore. I hope it is. 

chayro
Post removed 

JA is fully aware of it but doesn’t apply a correction leaving you guessing as to what the response really is. Fortunately sometimes he say this in the review.

Petty BS, JA makes clear its a nearfield response and that's exactly what is shown. Your measurements show the anechoic response with baffle diffraction loss aka step. BOTH methods show only approximate output depth extension, NEITHER can predict the actual in room LF response, which will dominate.

He badly needs the same system I have but he is not going to get the funding from his subjectivist heavy owners and editors.

More petty egomania BS. JA needs a NFS as much as Kevin Voecks did when he designed your Salon 2s. Or JJ when he made his current speakers at Immersion. Folks with far more knowledge about loudspeaker design/measurements than you have, managed just fine without NFS's. That egomania thing again.

More petty egomania BS. JA needs a NFS as much as Kevin Voecks did when he designed your Salon 2s. 

​​​​​​​​​Would that be because Kevin had access to world class anechoic chambers?

Three-dimensional modeling, 4-pi anechoic chambers, and laser inteferometry were but a few of the industrial marvels revealed in early March to a group of Stereophile and Stereophile Guide to Home Theater scribes. ... Stereophile in 2000

@yodogyodog , "All of you who are hating, it is clear he is doing something right if you guys are hating."

Agreed. Rather ugly isn't it.

I know for a fact for every hater on here actually typing some lame no body cares type of stuff towards Amir or ASR are outnumbered by 100:1 via the silent no name passerby’s.

Silent "no name" here that respectively disagrees with your declaration. Amir is a big boy and literally asked for it by dropping in here to post.It's his choice. I believe most audiophiles with at least a few years under their belts simply want reliable components that reproduce what they personally feel real music sounds like. So what if the measurements aren't pristine? I have nothing negative to say about Amir.I just don't believe an audiophile would reject a well made component that fit into their system and sounded spectacular because Amir gave it a thumbs down.

The big brains who ask me to stop talking disagreeing with the weak and unsustainable arguments of Amir about the Maggies and why he measured and how he measured , the big brains who answer Amir by ad hominem attack against him ( true or not i dont give a damn about ad hominem attacks in a deep conversation ) DID NOT ANSWERED HIM AT ALL ON THE CRUX OF THE MATTER AND FROM PSYCHO-ACOUSTIC and ARE UNABLE TO DO anything save hating in short posts😊... You like them enjoy them..

My posts are perhaps long and not well written but at least i argued about the essentials and Amir did not ANSWER well on that and he could not...

Any measures in audio answer questions in the context of some hearing theory... PERIOD...

Enjoy the empty arguing of the empty harassing brains... I do not...

They cannot read a two pages aerticles and understanding it...

They believe so idiots they are that my discussion putting Amir in a corner did bad service to audiophiles.. Their insults for sure do great and better services to audiophiles in their childish minds...

Not one of them is able to answer Amir save to say a childish non motivated answer OR A PERSONAL ATTACK ; we listen we dont measure THEY SAID... then why and how ? they cannot answer that save to say they will buy an upgrade... Consumerism idiocy replace arguments..

Amir is wrong on what he claim about listenings but at least he is polite...

i am fed up by idiots...Not by Amir... I can demonstrate why he is wrong... Idiots cannot..

«The mathematical demonstration about why some people are stupid fail miserably🤓 »--Groucho Marx

«But the schematic depiction of stupidity  motives succeeded greatly»--Chico Marx 😎

«Is not because the mathematical theory of stupidity  dont work, but an ecological theory of stupidity  work well ?---Harpo Marx 🧐

«You know what i means»--Yogi Berra

Enjoy, the 50 pages book is free and shortened here:

An ecological theory of stupidity:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlo_M._Cipolla